1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Samsung 46" LTP468w or Sharp 45"???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Dyoneyesis, May 16, 2005.

1. Dyoneyesis

Dyoneyesis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I am in in dire need of some professional expertise here! I am looking for a large flatscreen lcd OR plasma monitor 45"+ and am wondering which of the aforementioned models or other models for that matter, either lcd or plasma would best suit me.

I mostly will be using it for gaming and dvd purposes. Gaming includes PC, PS3, and the next generation Xbox. LCD is somewhat more appealing to me since from what I hear it lasts 2x as long as plasma does - If I am going to be spending 7-10k US on my next monitor, I want to make sure it will last, though I also want the best picture and performance possible. Both models display a resolution of 1920 by 1080 which from what I understand is the best yet, does plasma even compete against these two models?

So again, my first question is which is better the 45" sharp lcd or the new 46" samsung lcd?

And secondly if plasma is better suited for my main viewing activities outlined above which is the best plasma TV 46" +?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated - thank you very much!

2. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For gaming an lcd is the better choice most of the times because a plasma can burn in if you leave computer images on for too long (especially during the first 1000 hours, after that it's way less of a risk). Don't know about the difference between the two, only seen the sharp 45 and that looked stunning. You can't go wrong with either two i guess, though if you will spend that amount of money i would always go with the sharp...