1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New RU950, some buttons only work in TEST mode

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by KraGorn, Mar 19, 2005.

1. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've posted this in RemoteCentral but maybe someone here can give me a clue.

Okay, so I'm a n00b but I don't think I'm being stupid. :)

Got a brand new RU950 and simply trying to understand it at present, I'm using the default PCF (also tried Metal Plate) and trying to set it up to drive my Pioneer 868 (aka 59AV).

I perform the Brand operation and when I go into TEST mode the buttons on the Transport page all work. So I press Previous and tap INSTALL, back on the Brand page I leave Tools.

Trouble is, now I'm back on the DVD Device page some buttons don't work, ie. On/Off and Eject. I go through the process again, in TEST Eject works, back in DEVICE it doesn't.

Next I try configuring in PENG, I take the Matal Plate base PCF, set the Brand and Code Set to be the same as I set in the RC and then download the config. Eject doesn't work, go to Brand and check the Brand/Code is the same, go to TEST and it works.

In desparation I try Learning it, I get OK when I do that but still nothing. I upload the config to PENG and sure enough the Eject button shows as 'Learned'.

I can create a new button in PENG, set the IR code to Eject, click TEST IR and it works, but when downloaded it doesn't .. except it does in TRY mode.

I'm at a loss to know what to do. When I tap the button the animated icon in the System Page shows an IR code is being sent. Same thing for the On/Off buttons, Menus etc.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    This is a know fault apparently, as reported by someone on RemoteCentral and also inferred by a reply I had from BenG on SimplyAutomate's web board. Unfortunately BenG's suggested solution doesn't work, it seems to me the RU950 is fatally flawed.