New RPTV from Samsung (SP42Q2HLX)

tony4563

Established Member
Reaction score
As seen in Argo's latest catalogue @ £699 inc stand but available cheaper if you shop around online. Also available with Freeview built in.Has anyone got or seen this set? I've done a couple of searches and found 2 short customer reviews who both gave 10 out of 10 overall, so that's a good start. I'm trying to find out if it's an LCD RPTV because if it is, then the picture should be a LOT better than a traditional CRT RPTV, with a better viewing angle. I do know it's powered by a 100w lamp/bulb so dunno if that makes a difference. Any help appreciated! ;)

I have had my tv for a couple of months now & really like it but one problem i have is that there are what i would call streaky lines running across the screen, it is more visible on certain sky channels & not so bad on dvd's so was wondering whether this was a normal thing on these tv's ?

Steve

Here's the review, folks; not that difficult to find. That home cinema choice website is a goldmine of reviews - from may other mags, too.

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=6051

It's a CRT RPTV, so it will have better contrast than LCDs. However, the review was not exactly very positive - they gave it two and half out of five for picture, which is about as low as they ever give. The conclusion was to get a Toshiba instead. Don't buy on price - all non DLP RPTVs are cheap these days.

Nick

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom