new room layout

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by psalliss, Jun 15, 2008.

1. psalliss

psalliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    hi this is my current room layout

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i have two cats that always go behind the tv and keep pulling wires out, plus it looks messy.

im debating getting a flat screen tv rather than that my sagem dlp ive got now and putting it flat on the wall inbetween the front window and the fire. this way i could put the sub in the corner next to it and get a new flat unit deep enough to fit the onkyo 705 on rather than it sat on the floor.

then move the sofa from where it is now to just next to the other side of the window opposite where the tv would be.

my setup is:

sagem hd45
    kef eggs
    sky hd
    xbox 360
    ps3
    wii
    onkyo sr705
    and a htpc.

what do you guys think would it look ok.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  2. psalliss

psalliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    anyone.

3. psalliss

psalliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    just realised that the pics were too big and slowing down so have resized. sorry

4. Toonaroond

Toonaroond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi my tuppence worth (for what it's worth!)...

Having the TV flat on the wall in the corner makes for a less flexible viewing angle, have you looked at telespcopic/twisting wall mounts so that you can angle the TV out a bit if/when needed? Also, what about mounting above the fireplace instead, would that not make sense?

Deffo get the Amp off the floor and in a unit of some sort, and can you hide the sub somewhere else instead of in plain view right under the TV? Sound quality wise you have a fair bit of flexibility with sub placement....

Get the speakers on the wall, and channel out the plaster for all the cable and you should have a very neat and tidy, cat friendly set up...
    (Is that a 7.1 set up?)

5. psalliss

psalliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    hi mate

i had debated the lcd on the wall on a twisting wall mount but i also want to put the stand flat on the wall, so dont think it would work as speakers would be in the wrong place.

the fireplace is higher than you think, the pictures arent clear the fireplace is a tall one is i think 4 ft high.

im not too concerned about viewig angle as ill be the only person watching the majority of the time. its a 5.1 kef setup. the room isnt a very good layout and there isnt really anyhwere else for the sub to go.

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    You could buy a stand with an arm up the back for holding the tv, it wwould house all your equipment and the flat screen.

Something like this?