New Resident Evil 4 Info

B

betamac

Dont know if this has been discussed before about the new info and footage from the capcom press conference,

Gamespot have a hand on preview of the game,

I read on gamecube europe that the game will not be following the umbrella stroryline, i am not sure about that i think were find out later in the story that umbrella are behind these new superb zombies or whatever you wanna call em :)

Whats everyone else think is it resident evil without umbrella?

The game looks superb though definately eagerly awaiting this title

Gamespot Said

"The improved pacing and control help the gameplay shine. Visually, the title is gorgeous, and it's one of the all-too-few examples of the magic developers can create on Nintendo's powerful little system if they set their minds to it. Few, if any, games will come close to matching the visual quality of RE4 on the GameCube this year."

Link To The Preview

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/residentevil4/preview_6091563-2.html

Looks great, well until i read the final line "Resident Evil 4 is currently slated to ship exclusively for the GameCube". But i dont have one, please let this come out on the xbox.

not gonna happen son

Nintendo are hoping this will be a big system seller, its one of those games everyones heard of, it will get loads of coverage from games mags and games sites, Nintendo would be fools to allow this to go to XBOX or PS2

I think this could be up there with the best selling GC games on release, theres alot of hype surrounding it

Betamac you are correct it should be a good seller, as much as i enjoy the xbox i might get a cube if i can get a good res evil deal as that is one game series i do miss from my old ps1. Well so long as it is up to the very high game playing standards as the first res evil.

Resident Evil Zero was a great game.

The most enjoyable res evil game i've played yet was the DC one. That was phenomenal for the time.

i just seen a thread over at another foum that said whsmith had cubes for £40 round by me.damn it i could have got a cube and resi for less than £80 :) this game has got me wanting a cube especially after the screen shots.

I just wish they would reduce the price of Resident Evil 2 and 3 for the Gamecube then I could have the whole set, bought Code Veronica X last week and really enjoying it and managed to get RE:0 just before christmas for about £25, been checking and you can get it for as little as £9.99 now, amazing how they charge so little for such a great game.

In fairness they have to charge little as many people already played the games on PS1/N64 so in order to get those people to buy for cube it has to be cheap,

i have played all games previous on other systems so the only resi game i bought for cube was resident evil 1 as it was a total remake and i enjoyed playing through it again, looking forward to continuing the story with resi 4

Originally posted by RL123
Some footage of Resi 4. There's no sound as it was recorded via camera from a TV.

http://videogamesmedia.com/gcn/residentevil4/re4_video1.mov

In one word: incredible:eek:

It's Game Of The Year 2004 imho.

Yeh cool thats the footage from the playable preview gamespot and IGN had, IGN are promising a direct feed of that footage soon, cant wait for that,

But even from that shaky cam of it you can see it looks amazing :)

The direct feed video should be very special indeed. I wasn't sure how it would work without zombies but these enemies are so much better; it honestly looks scary...

damn that does look awesome,not sure about the "game of the year" though.the gap between FMV and ingame graphice is nearly invisible.i think the whole zombie thing has run its course for this series of games and its great to see someone trying something a bit different from the usual follow up.

A few new secrets revealed from IGN

http://cube.ign.com/articles/501/501208p1.html

NO ZOMBIES?

But As I thought Even though Umbrella corporation was destroyed by the goverment (resi 4 is set 6 years after resi 2) they will play a part in the games storyline

More action orientated but the shock moments of previous games are still there

Interesting..

Who needs vombies when you have crazy villagers after you with pitch forks and chainsaws :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom