New replacement 55" tv

kendo89

Standard Member
Reaction score
We are looking to upgrade our 11 year old LCD shortly and would like some opinions.

Both my wife and I look at the current Samsung (46C650) and still think it has a decent picture but wanting to know if we will see a major difference when upgrading.

We have a budget of around £1k and the current setup is as follows

Sky Q (normal viewing - no 4k content yet but may upgrade)
Yamaha RX-V675
Q acoustics 5.1 surround (1050i fronts)
Xbox One (mainly used for blu ray playback)

We dont plan on upgrading much else within the next year or 2 so not sure if the upgrade TV will do us any good.

The optimum screen size for our space is 55".

We have looked at costco due to their 5 year warranty and almost no quibble returns but its difficult to get a good idea given the over processed demo videos they play.

Any advice welcome :D

Amazing deal for the CX, would the lack of burn in insurance be an issue?

You should see a big upgrade coming from a 10 year old TV, but really its with 4k content where new TVs shine the most, so you will want to pair your new TV wit as much 4k and HDR you can.

Thanks all for the recommendations and comments.

Motion judder really irritates me especially on sports. My father in law has a low/mid range LG which has terrible judder.

Are the TV's mentioned any better with motion?

XH95 I say

Thanks all for the recommendations and comments.

Motion judder really irritates me especially on sports. My father in law has a low/mid range LG which has terrible judder.

Are the TV's mentioned any better with motion?

get one with 120hz

Is it stutter you mean and not judder? Typically modern displays do stutter a lot. Judder is irregular frame jumps and less common (although you do get it sometimes with TVs that use 60hz panels), whilst stutter is constant and usually noticeable in camera pans.

To up your chances of being happy with motion, you could look at Sony or Philips TVs instead of LG or Samsung. If you can still find one the Sony A8H is a 2020 model, should be discounted right now compared to the new A80J and A90J.

With Philips their models ending in 6 are new 2021 models, whilst 5 is 2020. So perhaps consider TVs like the OLED705 which should also be discounted presently.

rgbdirect LG 55 OLED CX for £1030 with 5 years warranty and headphones using code summer 100
Was this a purchase you made yourself? I was looking to see if anyone can vouch for this company

this one but new tvs are a lot right now
if you can find a 55 inch Sony XH95 its a very better deal right now.
the LG CX and C1 are good tvs to.
What price would you say is a good deal for the XH95?

Under a grand with 5 year warranty if you can find one

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom