New renovation - Advice Plz - Living room AV setup + Other Suggestions

n1tul

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

We are in the process of renovating out new house, we need to decide on what gadgets to install and where.

The living room will be tiny, the chimney breast has been removed to make more room and would just like a TV with a surround sound. Could someone advise on what wires would need to be run in the wall the chimney was previously on. (i will add a decent pic shortly)

i have read on other posts not to run the power in the wall and have a socket behind the TV, is this true?

We would like the TV on a swinging bracket so it can be turned to view in the dining area if needed. and the speakers wall mounted (keep away from kids etc.) Although the issue will be with the rear of the room due to the shape. (again pics will help)

Another thing we have been asked is to get a list of other gadgets/sockets that will be needed in the rest of the house. we dont want speakers throughout the house as this will just add costs due to concrete ceilings being a pain (another story!) My friend mentioned to get CAT5 cables run throughout to make it future proof?

any other ideas will be very appreciated?

thanks to all in advance

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom