Question New remote help please

Dasiz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I currently have an LG B7 tv in main room along with Marantz sr6012, sky+ and PS4 pro. I also have a Samsung tv in the second zone (everything goes through the amp). Recently Arc just stopped working, coincided with a receiver fw update.

So i'm thinking of going down the all in one route.. Never used anything remotely advanced, just the standard £20 remotes.

As such need a bit of advice as what would be best. have seen the harmony elite for £120 in currys which includes the hub, would this suit my needs? is there anything better than this?

TIA

Not at that price, or less!

Not at that price, or less!

Thanks.
Is this the best harmony remote that is currently available?
What other options are there even if a bit more pricey?

TIA

I bought that one after much research and it is brilliant. You have to give it time and reboot a few times when first setting up but once done it is perfect.

The Elite is the most expensive Harmony.
Others are much less so and could be fine for you.

I've had a Harmony Ultimate -which I believe is the predecessor to the Elite- for probably close to 10 years now and I still swear by it. If you could get the Elite package for that price I'd absolutely recommend it!

Edit: One thing to note is that I still don't think you can actually turn ON the PS4 using a universal remote. You can control the menus and turn it off, but you'll still need to use a controller or the power button to actually turn the console on, annoyingly.

I have a Philips pronto in the bedroom, 18 years old, working fine and still nothing to beat it.

Thanks for the advice guys. After attempting to buy the remote online I discovered it’s not available for delivery or collection from any store at all...
Thought I’d pop into my local curry’s on the way home and they had 1 left! What a result, especially being as the next cheapest I saw it was for £180 on amazon...
Now to have have ‘fun’ setting it up..

Shame you can’t power on the PS4 with it, but not the end of the world

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom