New remote for 'Emotion 32" Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Pause/Record Feature'?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by blizeH, Jan 10, 2012.

1. blizeH

blizeH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi guys,

A little while ago I recommended that my aunty purchased this TV - Emotion 32" Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Pause/Record Feature - Best sellers - Technology - Sainsbury's

It has some great features and a decent enough picture, especially considering the price, but the remote control you get with it is an absolute waste of time, you can be less than 5 yards away, pointing directly at the TV, and it's still hit or miss as to whether it detects it.

So I'm thinking a new remote is in order, I noticed a deal for this one from M&S earlier but am unsure if it'll actually help?

Remote Control 4 in 1 @ marksandspencer. Was £15. Now £2.00 + £3.50 P&P - Page 2 - HotUKDeals

Any recommendations very welcome, I think a Harmony would be overkill if I'm honest (she literally only has the TV, that's it) and she doesn't have a PC anyway

Thanks!

2. blizeH

blizeH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Quick bump, any recommendations please? Thanks!

3. chris6

chris6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    You have probably checked that there is no film or obstruction over the IR sender or the sensor on the TV but this sounds very poor! Since it is only a little while ago that she bought it, when goods are not of 'satisfactory quality' the best thing may be to apply for repair, replacement, or refund under the sale of goods regulations.

That M&S remote is certainly cheap enough but doesn't say it can 'learn' so just might not have the TV in the database, or it might be hard to set up.

Suggest Sony RM-VL600T learning remote because it is good quality and nice to handle with bigger main buttons. It is a discontinued model but can still be found fairly easily, with medium power IR signal which should be fine.

[​IMG]
    There is one available now at about £10.
    (With the four coloured buttons and a bit more power, the equivalent current model is RMVLZ620T, also good)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  4. feenster

feenster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This remote on the Charles Hyde website says it's compatible with the E-motion TV sets:
    IRC87028 Remote Control Replacement

It seems to have the pause/record buttons at the bottom too.