New Relisys Range

Does anyone know anything else about these new tv's then?

I searched around a bit and found this page that has a link to an official-looking spec sheet, that makes the 32" sound rather a nice set.

Problem is that most of the other sites that list the 3200 have it as a lower spec (lower resolution, higher response time etc). Ebuyer are also listing an RLT3220, but that has lower specs as well :(

In case anyone is interested...

Relisys havent replied to the mail i sent them, but they have now updated their website to with details about the HLT3200 - Sounds good, besides the problem that it doesnt list 576 (i or p) as a supported resolution :(

While looking around i also found this which sounds pretty similar... does anyone have any thoughts on H&B tv's?

No idea about H&B. I think they rebrand a Relisys DVD recorder, but look at the feet on the set, looks like one of those Power cell robots from Star Wars! :D

Damian Arstall said:
looks like one of those Power cell robots from Star Wars! :D

:D

H&B's support seems good though - they replied to my enquiry straight away saying that the 3200B does actually support 576 resolution.

I got a reply from Relisys this morning:

My enquiry:
"I see from your website that the RLT3200 supports "480i/p, 720p and 1080" inputs on it's component connections. Would you be able to confirm whether or not this TV can accept 576 (i and/or p) signals?
Also, would you be able to tell me what frequencies the TV can support at 720p (i.e. 50/60 HZ)?"

Their reply:
"The settings you refer to 480i/p are for normal TV and progressive scan as put out by some DVD units 720p and 1080 refer to HDTV 720p being the lowest resolution supported this unit wiil not support 567 but the 50/60 Hz will automatically be detected."

That sounds like a response based on some NTSC specs though :confused:
Oh well.... time to investigate the new Thomson then :cool:

Hi Numpsy,

I managed to download a brochure from a retailer selling the 3220 LCD TV and its says 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p and 1080i via component or HDCP DVI so it sounds fine.

I can email you the .pdf file if you want?

I'm so very very tempted to order one as it looks great and the price and spec seem very reasonable.

Thanks, it would be usefull if you could mail it over.

I saw a few places selling the 3220 when i was looking at the 3200 (e.g. Ebuyer). The connectivity etc sounds good, but everyone seemed to be listing the specs for the panel itself as lower thna the 3200 (lower res, higher response time etc). :confused:

The RLT3200 brochure that i posted a link to earlier also lists 576 as a supported resolution,but given the confusion over the specs of some of the other lcd's lately i thought i'd better ask, and now i'm more confused that i was before!

Hmmm....I noticed the 3200/3220 number thing.

The file is named 3200 but it refers to the 3220 in the brochure.

Whats the spec of the 3200 then?

The 3220 mentions its a 16:9 panel with a 18ms response time (which is a little disappointing). I checked out the specs here : http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?RLT-3200

Just noticed the link you sent to the Enta website has the same spec. sheet as the one I have.

It does say 3220 on the picture for the panel.

Hmmm......was thinking of ordering from Ebuyer to.

Damian Arstall said:
The 3220 mentions its a 16:9 panel with a 18ms response time (which is a little disappointing).

True, though the Video7 is 18ms as well and most people seem pretty happy with that :)

Well I was just being nosey and discovered this on the German version of the Relisys site (obviously not called Relisys though): http://www.mas.de/(a1nt4s55df4n1r4513ol3hry)/product/XOR310320.shop

It sounds a bit like the 3200/3220 but has better response and contrast. I'm going to give Relisys a phone tomorrow at work to try and decipher whats what and whether this is a future panel as it may be best waiting :thumbsdow for a better spec.

Shame its black though but looks like a black version of the panel I want.

Hi chaps,

I spoke to a nice chap at Relisys today. Bascially there re two models. The RLT3200 and RLT3220. The RLT3220 is'nt out yet and the spec. is'nt as great. I forgot to ask about contrast ratio's etc but the 3220 has only 1 scart, 1 set of components but the rest is the same as the the RLT3200. Both have detachable speakers and HDCP compliant DVI inputs.

I think I may try getting a nice little cheap portable DVD player to watch my films on at the moment and then get an LCD TV once I'm sure of all the specs. The fact Toshiba now have a new 32WL56 coming out in April has put a spanner in the works.

The chap said he would send the manual via email to me but no sign of it yet.

Damian Arstall said:
Well I was just being nosey and discovered this on the German version of the Relisys site (obviously not called Relisys though): http://www.mas.de/(a1nt4s55df4n1r4513ol3hry)/product/XOR310320.shop

The specs on that look similar to the new 32" thomson (800:1 contrast etc).

I'd be interested in seeing the Relisys manual, if only to get on confirmation on the resolutions it supports.
It's interesting that he said that the 3220 isnt out yet, as there are enough places claiming to have it in stock!

Just to let everyone know, i got an RLT3200 from ebuyer at the weekend and it did not include a stand or speakers.
I'm still chasing this up with ebuyer and relisys, so i'm just posting this as a warning to anyone who's looking at ordering this tv from ebuyer and requires these components.

I've been chatting to Numpsy about this panel to over the weekend. Its worrying that theres no stand or speakers but I've ordered one from Novatech as their description does say with speakers.

I've emailed them also to see if it comes with a stand.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom