New releases What you looking forward too?

BBCuk2day

Standard Member
Reaction score
There is a good couple of months coming up for pc gamers :)

This month will see the release of FarCry - 26/03/04
Unreal tournament 2004 - 19/03/04
Battlefield Vietnam - 19/03/04

And obviously Doom3 and half life 2 when they appear!!

looking forward to farcry,battlefield nam is not a fps though is it so i think i'll leave that,just played the painkiller demo and that waqs great too,massive beast at the end!!!

in no particular order.........

Doom 3
Half Life 2
Far Cry
Stalker
Painkiller
Syberia 2
Thief 3
Splinter Cell - Panadora Tomorrow
Joint Operations - Typhoon Rising
Richard Burns Rally

duke nukem:clown:

Battlefield Nam and Half-life. Bit of a quite time for games just now by the look of it.

Thief III

Originally posted by Deansimm
in no particular order.........

Doom 3
Half Life 2
Far Cry
Stalker
Painkiller
Syberia 2

.....and Breed

Originally posted by MrFurious
looking forward to farcry,battlefield nam is not a fps though is it so i think i'll leave that,

As far as I know BF Vietnam is a FPS m8,same as the last BF1942 games.Its the first 1 released of the new bunch on the 19th and should be very good.LOL,worth buying just for the soundtrack:smashin:

.....and Breed

:) forgot about that one - though the original demo i played (ages ago) didnt impress me that much - it didnt run too well, to say there was nothing special on the screen. I've got slightly better hardware since then though, and maybe the demo was a bad example.

i thought bat nam was a multiplayer only affair,but if it has a single player fps element like vietcong then i will get it.

Originally posted by MrFurious
i thought bat nam was a multiplayer only affair,but if it has a single player fps element like vietcong then i will get it.

All the BF games are more multi player based,although you can play single player missions if you want.The sp element is pretty much identical to the multi player but with AI instead of fellow gamers;)

IMO,it has taken them a couple of years to iron out all the bugs and get everything running well with BF1942 so as long as they build on this they are gonna be onto a real winner with BFV.
Have a look:
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/home.jsp

cheers jason,i'll have to buy it then,i dont get on well with multiplayer,online games,my conection here is slooooooooow

HALF-LIFE 2 :smashin:

ha way lads. not one of you has mentioned the sequal to one of the best games ever. and its released on the 26th. Surely your all looking forward to the game that is SWAT4.
this and PT are the only games im getting this month

Doom III....... before I die of old age hopefully.

actualy forget what i just said about swat 4 . Because just 1 week before it was due for its very delayed release. sierra has decided to can the game. I am absolutly gutted about this as i have been looking forward to this game for a year+.
Its very bad practice for them to cancel it so close to the deadline and from my experence, design teams know months before hand if their deadlines are going to be completed or not so its probably down to the fact that it was going to be a bit S##t.
But still. i would like to have decided for myself!

HalfLife 2
Doom 3
Duke Nukem Forever

In that order. End of the year maybe if we are lucky........

I have just been thinking about this recently and trying to spec up my next PC. The question is. What sort of monster will you need to get the best out of these new titles.

This is what I have been looking at (just the basics) :

AMD 3200
Crosair 1gig DDR
256mb Radeon 9800XT
160 Gig 7200 spin disk 8 meg cache
5.1 sound

Should be enough :)

All the main FPS for me and the Blizzard title World of Warcraft online I am going to give a go. This will be my first shot at online play so I am hoping that all the fuss I read about online gaming lives up to it. :confused:

Just got the latest PC Format with a demo of Colin McRae 4. Am very much looking forward to that. I didn't buy McRae 3 but I do have 2. Just love that game.

Better still, it ran perfectly on my aging PIII 800 MHz (okay I have a LeadTek nVidia 4200 Ti to help it along).

To save money, I've decided not to upgrade my mother board and processor until Half Life 2 comes out. Probably means I'll be getting a 5 Gig processor in the bargin bin by then....

"I've decided not to upgrade my mother board and processor until Half Life 2"

This is probably a wise decision but the end of the Tax year is fast approaching :(

Unfortunatly the end of the tax year comes before my next pay cheque and my credit card is a little stuffed as I've just come back from a ski holiday on it (big card :D ).

doom3.
half life2.
need a game that will scare the crap out of me:D
its the only thrill iget nowdays(poor old git)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom