1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Reference 1.2 - running in period?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bbanduser, Jul 27, 2004.

1. bbanduser

bbanduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,
    I have taken delivery of a pair f KEF Reference 1.2's. Wow! What build quality. It sounds very good, but I think it will need quite a lot of running in.
    Anyone has any ideas as to how long this period is? And any clues as to how I can fasten the process?

I have also purchased a Parasound HCA-855A from these forums (not received it yet, at the moment powering it with my Pioneer VSA-E08 receiver). Would it be enough to power the KEF's? I might also buy a Parasound 1205A - will this make any difference? Is there any need for bi-amping even if I use a Parasound (the reason I am asking I have heard fro people that people have said that there is no need to bi-amp when a Parasound is concerned)?

Sorry for the huge amount of questions!

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Get an XLR burn in disc. At least I think thats what they are called. Claimed to reduce burn in time. My latest speakers took a while before they sounded right, it took around 20 or 30 CDs worth. They are still improving, but at a slower rate. It takes time for the suspension to break in.

3. bbanduser

bbanduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Where do I get these?Any ideas as to how they manage to do this?Is it by playing the important frequencies repetitively?

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    No idea how it works. I was going to get one myself, but was too tight. Mate of mine who builds hi fi uses it all the time and says it cuts down the time by a factor of 50.

Im not sure if this is exactly the one but at least it puts you on the right track

http://www.britishaudio.co.uk/testcds.htm