1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Recorder??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Les E, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have a Sony DVD player and a Philips R70 Recorder in my HC set up at the minute.

However my Sony is a few years old now as is struggling to meet my needs on different formats available now. Plus the Phillips records only +RW & +R discs which can be a little restrictive when people lend you other formats to play.

So I am thinking of selling both player & recorder and going for a recorder that covers all the bases.

Now I have been looking at Sony, especially the GX210 and GX700 recorders because they seem to play/record everything thats thrown at them (except for RAM discs!).

So I am considering this as a good option although my head is swayed at the minute with the new Pioneers with the 160GB HDD, but I would be limiting my disc playability again in going down this road.

So has anyone got any opinions on what may be the best option to go for?

Oh, it has to be Multi-Region too...about half my collectrion is Region 1!! :smashin:

2. KDH

KDH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ? Philips DVDR70 plays -RW(video mode) and -R fine

3. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pioneers also CAN read DVD+R/RW discs, but record only to DVD-R/RW (and -R DL).