New Reciever

danlyn

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone

I,m new here so please be gentle, And excuse my mistakes.

At the moment i have a Yamaha RX-V581 and Focal Sib Evo Speakers + Cub

I,m thinking of getting a new Reciever, Thinking Pioneer VSX-933 or Onkyo TX-NR686
Or Sony STRDN1080.
Will i be wasting money upgrading from the Yamaha to one of the above or
Should i save some more money and maybe go for the Marantz SR6012 or similar.

Any Advice would be welcome, As i say i,m new to all this, And searching
Around can be a little daunting.

Cheers.

Hi, is there a particular reason why you want to get a new receiver?. I ask because none of the ones you've picked are a significant step up, the marantz sr6012 on the other hand is definitely a step up, more ports in and out, more power and 9.2 speakers, save your money and get that or wait a bit and get the 6013, that said I believe Peter Tyson had a 6012 for about £699.

Hello razy60 and thank you for taking the time to reply.

There,s no particular reason apart from maybe trying to get more from the Sib Evo speakers, And Dolby Vision for the future.
Its probably me , Just getting itchy feet and wanting some new gear.

I,m not that AV tech savvy so any help is good, And the 6012 is now £659.90 at PT

Cheers

Hello razy60 and thank you for taking the time to reply.

There,s no particular reason apart from maybe trying to get more from the Sib Evo speakers, And Dolby Vision for the future.
Its probably me , Just getting itchy feet and wanting some new gear.

Cheers
That I understand

The Marantz is certainly better than any of the others and will give you good 4K pass through. Better too for stereo music than the rest should this be important although not as good as adding a dedicated stereo amp for such. The Marantz has good pre-outs that will facilitate adding a stereo or power amp into the set up.

Thank you, For the advice gibbsy.
From what you and razy60 have said, It seems i would be better off being patient
And saving up a bit more for the quality,

Cheers

Keep checking on the prices as this is the time of year that traditionally prices begin to fall as the time nears for new model announcements.

Hello Again
I,ve noticed RS have the Denon 3500H on at £549.
Would you say this would be a good choice?

Cheers
Dan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom