Question New receiver with 6channel inputs?

Paulleahey

Prominent Member
Reaction score
There are very few new AVRs that support multi channel inputs. Simply put it was a very niche market and it's not worth it to most.

I think the Marantz range still has them, saying that.

Is HDMI not an option?

Last edited:
If interested in 3D and 4K playback then surely you'll also be looking at replacing your Pioneer DVD player with at least a Blu-ray if not a UHD player? These players would have HDMI output and would need HDMI to convey 3D and or UHD content. I'd maybe suggest you look at replacing your current DVD player with a transport able to play at least SACD and Blu-ray discs. The only issue with this at this point in time is that you'll not be able to get a UHD player that can also play SACD discs.

AS already mentioned, Marantz are your best bet if looking for an integrated AV receiver that still includes multichannel analogue inputs. The current Pioneer SCLX89 also still includes multichannel analogue line inputs.

Thanks Dante - already have a Panasonic 3D 4K upscaling Bluray player as well with Sky Q Ultra HD box and getting the new Xbox One S for UHD - at the minute their picture will have to go direct to my Panasonic 4K telly for 3D and 4K and sound currently going to my Pioneer LX81 but I have dual displays with a 1080p projector which is currently redundant.

Will have a look into Marantz today and that Pioneer cheers!

As Dante01 says, the LX89 hjas multi-channel input, what's wrong with that?

As Dante01 says, the LX89 hjas multi-channel input, what's wrong with that?
Hadn't seen the back of it! Lol
Was just going by the new Pioneer receivers all not having it!

Also the MovieRooms have it for £1699 Pioneer SC-LX89 AV Amplifier

I'm nothing to do with them by the way, but was helping a friend buy an AVR last month and that was one of the options.

Cheers DannyBoy - trying to track one down in Richer Sounds for £1499!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom