New receiver to replace Yamaha Aventage RX-A1050

higgalls

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey,
So I have a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1050 receiver. I have liked it but I have had HDMI switching issues at times. But I can work around it.
Anyway, I am looking at upgrading in the not-too-distant future. One big issue I have with the current receiver is that it doesn't do Dolby Vision pass-through, so some components have to go into the TV, and then send the audio back to the receiver, and others go into the receiver and then send the image to the TV. It is a pain.
My current TV is an LG 4K OLED TV.
I am picking up the PS5 tomorrow, so whatever I get needs to be future proof for it (so HDMI 2.1 if possible).
I currently run Paradigm Millennia One speakers (5.1), but would like to expand to Atmos ceiling speakers in the future. So a 7.2 or 9.2 system would be ideal.

Any suggestions as to what receiver would be suitable?

Thanks.

Maybe look at the Marantz SR6015 or even the SR7015 if you can afford it?

Thanks for that. Is there that much of a difference between the SR6015 and the SR7015 to warrant the decent price difference?

The 7015 is a more powerful AV receiver than the 6015. It has a full display concealed behind the front drop down panel and also includes provision for Auro 3D.

There's a side by side comparison here:

You could also look at the DEnon AVRX4700 which is vheaper, but basically the same AV receiver as the Marantz SR7015. The Denon lacks the Marantz's HDAM circuitry and is tuned differently though. It is often suggested that the comparable DEnon models don't perform as well as the Marantz models when it comes to the portrayal of music sources.

Again, here's a side by side comparison:

AS suggested though, the Marantz is more preferable if wanting an AV receiver that is netter with misical sources.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom