New receiver to replace 11 year old Kenwood.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by KoThreads, Jan 12, 2012.

1. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    I haven't even looked at receivers since buying my 6.1 Kenwood KRF-X9060 THX so forgive me as I'm totally lost on what they can now do.

Can anyone suggest one which would be a good replacement. I doubt these days they have all the SRS stuff which would be nice but not escential. But it has to have a 6 channel input for DVDA/SACD, DAB, Wifi to replace a Soundbridge, speaker A- B so it can run a second stereo speaker feed etc.

Good stereo would be nice but I have a dedicated stereo setup so not a big deal.

It's fed by a Sony BDP360 and a Denon dvd/dvda/sacd player and the speakers are AE EVO 3 front, AE Evo center and center rear and MA BR1 as surrounds, sub is SVS PC13 Ultra, and it's used with an HD projector if it makes any difference

Funds is awkward as I want at least the equal of above, and I couldn't find much with 6 channel in for sensibe money. My 9060 was a bargain at £349 I just need to know whats out there.

Thanks.

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    What is "sensible money"? I'm sure you have already discovered what is out there and what it costs so if it is outwith your budget, I would look at second hand. You should be able to get something with multi-channel inputs, networking (not wifi without an adapter or use home plugs), HD audio decoding for your Bluray player etc.

3. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    I was thinking under £500 but if I could get the kit to do what I want then I would have to see how much more I could go to. I wouldn't want to venture near the 1K mark as I don't think the speakers would justify it. Is there no wifi receivers?

4. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    A quick search reveals that the Onkyo TX-NR709 is about the cheapest with multi-channel inputs these days. It's £530 HERE You can add a wifi dongle for £45.