1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New receiver; suggestions?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Howard0000, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I'm strongly considering upgrading my current AV receiver for something with a little more quality and features. Although my Sherwood certainly isn't bad, I feel the need to upgrade (Don't we all!?)

I think I've narrowed the list down to these lot:

Yamaha RX-V650 - £270

Denon AVR1905 - £250

NAD T-743 - £357

Denon AVR2105 - £370

Marantz SR5400 - £350

Pioneer VSXD814 - £240

And now it's time to decide.

I'm after a receiver with sound that isn't too soft... I'd like a bit of power and plenty of reserves for higher volume listening :D Without sounding too harsh or bright of course. It obviously has to sound good at lower levels though and a nice warm sound is preferred (If that goes at all with the above criteria!)

I won't be going to 6 or 7.1 immediately but if the feature is there to allow for future expansion, then so be it :)

Another reason I'm upgrading is to allow for more inputs, so let's not skimp on those ;)

Thanks for any help!

2. tpc3416

tpc3416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NAD or Marantz based on your listening requirements. Yamaha, Denon, and Pioneer are brighter. Pioneer is in your face. Marantz has some beautiful new models just out.