1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Receiver/ Old Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by bigsidrocks, Mar 9, 2003.

1. bigsidrocks

bigsidrocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a new Denon982/ 2802 receiver. I have boston acoustics 965's for front mains. However, I still have my old powered boston acoustics sub which is nice, but doesn't have the RCA INPUT. -Stating the obvious= Receiver has the sub out, the sub is the older pass through.
    **Is there any way to "rig" this so that I can go from the sub out on the receiver to the sub line level ins. Is there some sort of converter that I can get??

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    We don't see much Boston stuff in the UK although I did have a rather nice pair of Boston dipole rear speakers a few years ago.

What inputs does the subwoofer have. If there is no RCA input do you just have high level speaker inputs instead.

3. bigsidrocks

bigsidrocks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I'm new to the site and really didn't realize that it was mainly UK people. I do love my Bostons.

I guess my question could go for any new receiver and older sub. Yes, my sub only has line level inputs, and the receiver has the sub out. Any ideas, or ever heard of anything??

I am also looking for the KEF CI QT motorized in-ceiling speakers. Aren't they based in UK?? What kind of price can you get them for over there?? I have found a couple of places that would sell them for $400 USD. Can you get them cheaper?

Thanks,
    Mike

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Mike,

Line level inputs are for connecting to the sub output on your amp unless we are are getting confused with terminology. Some sub manufacturers have two inputs.

If you definately cannot connect it to the sub output, you can still connect it high level to the speaker terminals on the amp and use it that way.