1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New rears to go with Celestion F series fronts?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by SilverPenguin7, Jun 6, 2004.

1. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just a quick question. I am moving soon and want to get some new rears as the room my kit is going in isn't too big and the JBL Control 1's that I have now are a) veeeeeeeeery old and in need of updating and b) very suare and deeper than I would like.

I have Celestion F3's and an F Centre up front and wondered if anyone can suggest anything to go with them? I noticed someone here had some traingle shaped Celestion rears painted to match wall colour but I cant find the post now!

I 'may' be tempted to get a whole new speaker system with sat speakers (seen teh Celestion 5 speaker/sub package at richer sounds) but am unsure how such a combo would sound with music and would imagine a £400 speaker package wont have a sub that will match the punch of my Rel Storm?

Any advice more than welcome :)

2. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Anyone?

After doing a bit of reseraching I have decided that a speaker package for now isn't what I want, but I still need to find some sub £200 rears that are not too big and wall mountable..?!

3. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi SilverPen
    Why not just use a pair Celestion F1's as rears and they have wall mounts on the back :)

p.s very nice pics on your site :thumbsup:

4. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have never actually seen F1's in the flesh, I thought they looked fairly large. I'll have to find some measurements online and see how they compare to the control 1's I have. Handy if they have wall mounts on the back! :)

Many thanks.

P.S. Glad ya like the pics, :D