1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new rears (surround & back) to match B&W 603 S2s

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by klnc, Oct 8, 2002.

1. klnc

klnc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I'm going to be moving to a new house with a much larger lounge where I'll finally be able to put the speakers in the right place and get the tv out of the corner. At the same time, I;m also looking to upgrade to 7.1 / 9.1 speakers.

I've got a Denon AVC A1SR amp with B&W 603s as fronts, CC60 as centre and 601s as surrounds at the moment. Given the amp's ability to have 2 sets of surround speakers, one for music and one for AV, I was thinking of keeping the 601s in the corner for music and then getting 2 pairs of di-poles for the AV surrounds and centre back surrounds.

I looked over the speks of the KEF TDM 34S, but I think they're probably just too big and might not match the front speakers that well. Also, to keep the bird happy, the surrounds would have to be not too obtrusive, or heavy for that matter as they'll have to be bracketed to plasterboard on the whole.

If people have any thoughts/suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

2. Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Hi,
    As you no doubt like your B&W speakers and are happy with the brand,
    The obvious choice for dipoles would be a set, or two, of B&W DS6 THX dipole surrounds (they are/were available in black or a Paintable finish to help them blend into a room's decor), Or alternatively the CDS6 which was the custom in wall version.
    The DS6's were produced to compliment the 600 series and so should present a very good match for the rest of your system.
    I hope this helps,

Paul.