1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new rears and centre

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by greenthumb, Jun 29, 2002.

1. greenthumb

greenthumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Im looking to buy a yammy dsp e800 to go with my Marantz Pm 66SE KI Sig. amp. I need some rear speakers and a centre to go with my existing Heybrook Heylos. I like the sound of the halos and would like to keep them as my front pair. Ive only got about 300 to 350 for twor rears and a centre. I cant afford a sub yet but the heylos go quite low. My room measures about 6m by 4.5m. Any ideas? I dont know where to start!:confused:

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depending on the price of the E800, have you considered the DSPAX620 for £199 from Richer Sounds.
    Does everything the E800 does, plus a bit more. You can use it in exactly the same way as the E800 if you want.
    Be quick though - I doubt they'll last long (if they still have any at all that is)

Can't really recommend any speakers as a partciularly good match for your Heylos, as I've never heard them and don't know anything about them - plus you didn't mention what sort of size/finish/type of speakers you'd like.
    Homecinemaheaven do Heybrook speakers, but if they aren't from the same range, then it's no better than buying from another manufacturer really - they are supposed to be pretty good, but I've never heard them.

With £350 though for a centre and a pair of rears, you do have a wide choice - special offers etc mean you can pick up a decent centre and rears for little more than £100 now if you want.
    With a reasonable size room like yours though, and with no subwoofer to help out, I'd avoid very small rears if I were you - they may sound a bit weedy.
    That said, there's probably no need for a great big pair of floorstanders at the back either :)
    As I said, there's a big choice, but have a look at the Wharfedale Diamond Centre and a pair of 8.2s for the rears.