New Range of Toshiba Tv's

S

Stevey

Any info on the new 42" and 51" versions of the WH36 series aka WH38?
Are they out yet, if not when?

Thanks in Advance

Steve:)

Steve,

According to the June issue of What Hi Fi the Tosh 42WH46 is out now priced at £1200.00 but I can't find it anywhere on the net.

Having just bought a 42WH36 I'd be interested to know what the difference is between the new and the old model.

Cheers

Paul

auto convergence would be good place to start.

100 cycles per second of technology

"super Brightron Pro" picture tube

Digital comb filter

Intercarrier noise suppressor

CDE Colour detail Enhancer

CTI Colour transiently Improvement

Super material transient

Black Stretch

Convergence Protection

Convergence Protection

where did you get this info, it's not on the toshiba website?

Also available at
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_19443.html
£951 with cabinet and free delivery
Screen: V107cm Flast screen, 7" High brightness CTR, New black tripe screen.

Picture: 100Hz, Digital comb filter, super scene control, Super real transient, Colour detail enhancer.
Dynamic scan control, Digital Noise Reduction, colour transient improver, black stretch.

Sound: Nicam, 28Watts RMS audio output, Bass Boost.

Tuning:
UHF/VHF/Hyper, PAL I/ BG/ DK, SECAM BG/ DK/ L, NTSC BG 4.43.

Connection: Input: 3 Scart, RGB input (via SCART 1 +2), Front AV
Output: Headphone socket, audio output.

Ease of Use:
Auto set-up, Auto convergence - Untouchable
No signal Off/Mute, Blue back control, fastext - 128 pages memory
Channel and position editor

Also available at
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_19443.html
£951 with cabinet and free delivery
Screen: V107cm Flast screen, 7" High brightness CTR, New black tripe screen.

Picture: 100Hz, Digital comb filter, super scene control, Super real transient, Colour detail enhancer.
Dynamic scan control, Digital Noise Reduction, colour transient improver, black stretch.

Sound: Nicam, 28Watts RMS audio output, Bass Boost.

Tuning:
UHF/VHF/Hyper, PAL I/ BG/ DK, SECAM BG/ DK/ L, NTSC BG 4.43.

Connection: Input: 3 Scart, RGB input (via SCART 1 +2), Front AV
Output: Headphone socket, audio output.

Ease of Use:
Auto set-up, Auto convergence - Untouchable
No signal Off/Mute, Blue back control, fastext - 128 pages memory
Channel and position editor

No mention of prog scan unless I misread it, I assume its included as its supposed to be a upgraded model of the wh36.

But does anybody know if the wh46 will take pal prog scan?

Thanks

Andy

tha deatails you gave vinny are from a german model. does that mean that unbeatable are selling an import?

No its shipped directly from Tosh UK £890 without stand from unbeatable

i still don't understand how the uk site has no mention of it and how unbeatable are selling it for £200 cheaper than the wh36 they were selling last week.

i'm going to phone unbeatable tomorrow and check this is all correct.

Anyone know if this has component inputs and whether it displays progressive scan? Weird that Unbeatable are quoting 1-2 weeks delivery from the supplier yet there are no details whatsoever on the Toshiba site (unless I'm looking in the wrong place?).

cheers

Hell I didnt know it supported PAL prog never mind Toshiba, did a search about it a while back and found a few posts saying it might do but no actual confirmation.

Thanks for keeping us updated Vinny41.

Just received a call back from toshiba saying that tha tv will be dispatched later this month but wasn't sure of exact date. so it looks like unbeatable.co.uk are taking orders AND money for a product that they and the suppliers are unsure as to when it will be delivered. i don't know about you but i think the very least unbeatable should do is mention this on the item sale page. as it stands i think its decietful.

yes, they will be able to provide the tv but they don't know when. that just stinks. if you were charged when the item was dispatched it would be different but they take your cash and just expect you to wait till its available.

probably not. it's just taking the p*ss. they in all likely hood know that the tv will ship by the end of the month and are hiding behind their T&C which allows them up to 30 days to deliver an item. its very bad customer service IMO.

they are howerver offering a very good price for the model. maybe that's their justification???

I agree on the price, but I would love to ring them to ask the when Toshiba will be dispatching it ,dont suppose they would say at the end of the month if your lucky :smoke:

question is, do you order now and get a great price but have to wait 3 weeks for delivery or do you wait till its officialy released by toshiba and hope the don't put the price up?

Hmmm well I wouldnt mind waiting the extra 3 weeks for that price, new model plus its cheaper than a wh36 by nearly £100

Ive had to put up with a crappy 21inch Samsung 4:3 tv for few years now a few weeks doesnt matter to me ;)

But it is wrong the least they can do is put up a expected release date.

Dont suppose anybody has heard any more news about the prog scan capabilities of the wh46?

if its the same as the 36 then it should be both ntsc and pal prog capable. toshiba claim it isn't but several people here say otherwise and have tested it. the only prblem seems to be compatable dvd players.

no, they have tested the 36.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom