• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Rainbow 6 now due in 2013 :(

blankscreen

i'm really into this franchise, and it is still heavily played on xbox live. even after 5 years occasionally you ear a new terrist comment that s just sooooo funny.

i thought it was being released later this year but.........

http://www.1up.com/news/new-rainbow-six-game-called-patriots-coming-13

while it will have to be better than the originals and without spoiling the humour or the online game play (for me that means avoiding the motion controllers and keeping the field of play level).

i just can't wait lol!

NoxiousD

There was no evidence whatsoever to suggest it was being released in 2012

blankscreen

NoxiousD said:
There was no evidence whatsoever to suggest it was being released in 2012

i'd beg to differ, it was suggested (iirc around the same time Duke Nukem was released) for December 2012, can't link to prove it as now the date has moved back.

anyone interested you can get the current version Rainbow 6.2 Las Vagas in 'classics' for about £8 which has all the dlc included. when i moved from PS2 this game for me replaced the Socom series.

it is not like the call of duty run-and-gun till game over style, depending on what level difficulty your playing you get lives, in multiplayer the terrorist comments are hilarious. it's the game i find myself returning to time and again.

NoxiousD

The only thing they ever released was a CG trailer, they hinted it could be a next gen game as the graphics were said to be in-game and looked brilliant. There was never a release date mentioned

blankscreen

NoxiousD said:
The only thing they ever released was a CG trailer, they hinted it could be a next gen game as the graphics were said to be in-game and looked brilliant. There was never a release date mentioned

we will just have to agree to disagree over promised release date, either way it's going to be next year at best.

Ubi soft must know from the server traffic this game has stood the test of time, i wonder why it was not re-modelled earlier, especially as the franchise hard core fanzine are hungry for more of this format.

just hope it won't be the total let down Duke Nukem was grrrrr!

NoxiousD

Hardcore Rainbox Six players hated the Vegas games, it was far more strategic before the dumbing down, same goes for Ghost Recon, new one was dumbed down beyond belief...

blankscreen

NoxiousD said:
Hardcore Rainbox Six players hated the Vegas games......

bit of a sweeping statement. have you played it much, and do you still play it?

the original rainbow on the old xbox had very chunky graphics, with your guns blotting out too much of the screen. first version on the 360 had so many glitches, like jamming a door and then use the action button so it cant open but rattles. this drew the A.I. to the other side of the door. you could then see through the door using a team players 'halo'. and get many C4 kills.

updates released dealt with other 'cheats'.

RB 6.2 LA had lousy A.I. until it was updated, but you can still spawn inside a stair case on some maps and be left unable to move, if friendly fire is off you have to use a grenade to blow yourself up. hide in some grass spots and some basement corners the AI don't see you.

you lay but don't trigger a C4 charge, you 'die' but the C4 laid earlier is still their, so re-spawn and stuck another one on it, to use throw a 'nad = triple power explosion - not to nice to do if anyone is wearing headphones lol!

the group i play with could be classed as hard core, we like to mess about in some sessions, such as go on Oil Refinery, everyone loads up with C4 with game set to lowest level, friendly fire on, now kill most of the AI.

from spawn get past the petrol tanker is 2 manholes, each player lays a C4 on furthest one and is then is shot, re-spawn lay another C4 finally one player stands in the pile and someone triggers it, then watch as he gets blown into the sky as far as possible. it can be funny watching a player trying to avoid killing the last AI, because if killed the game ends and all the teams effort is wasted leading ti a lot of barracking ;).

anyway those interested will no doubt will wait in anticipation for release, but with such a gap how many games have ever met fully with expectation? when Doom ll was a let down on the xbox 360 :(.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom