1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new rack

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Mr Cat, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi, I'm after a new rack for my kit (see sig) - namely my dvd, cdp and amps...however, I would like the rack to be on wheels, or at least a flat surface as when I alternate between watching dvds and playing cds I have to plug / unplug the interconnect between both amps, thus I normally turn my existing round around 45 degrees to do this...
    after something fairly cheap - upto 150 quid?
    not bothered about the material - maybe glass, metal or wood... ;)

cheers

2. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Mr Cat

only a partial answer I'm afraid, but head to www.ikea.co.uk -> Bookcases and storage systems -> TV & Media Storage. Thre is a product called 'rulla' (which for some reason doesn't show up in the search) featuring in the top left of the product list for only £5.

This looks like it is a swivel-base which rests on a shelf (but I could be wrong - I don't have one myself). I guess this would let you buy something different for the shelves themselves, but then rotate the equipment for which you need rear access.

Hope this helps