1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Queensryche Album Out

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by silent lucidity, Jul 22, 2003.

1. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New album Tribe available now.Splendid disc of multi-layered melodies and a return to form.Belongs somewhere between Empire and Promised Land in terms of sound and feel.Just don't expect Operation Mindcrime part two!Thought some of you might be interested.

2. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Up.Purely 'cause I'm self indulgent.I thought I might get at least one or two replies:confused:

3. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,945
    Is there anywhere to listen to any snippets ?

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Never listened to it, never listened to Queensryche at all, infact.

But as Im getting all nostalgic, having taken a shine to the new Darkness album:D (can you say that in the same sentence). Then it might be something to listen to, during the next few weeks, time and money permitting.

Of course now I have figured out why you have that Forum name, yes you are self indulgent;) same here.

5. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JohnG,go to Queensryche.com,click on releases,click on Tribe.You can download a 1 minute mp3 from every track on the album!Karkus,glad I'm not the only one!I do of course listen to other stuff,there's just a special place in my heart for QR!I use this site mainly for home cinema but like to drop in on this forum now and then.You certainly have a very diverse taste!

6. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,945
    Cheers mate. Looks like I'll be buying this album - it's nice to have a bit of a clue what you will be getting.
    Don't you just love broadband internet - less than a minute to download them all
    :)

7. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you like it John.I must however point out that this album only has one real guitar solo,for some reason they've foregone them on this one.There is,however,a lot of nice guitar stuff going on that becomes more apparent with each listen.If you like those clips I'm sure you won't regret buying it.:clap:

8. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I regret buying it. I was a huge Queensryche fan, have all their albums, and have seen them in concert, but since The Promised Land, they have gone right downhill, in my estimation. Hear In The Now Frontier was a pile of tripe, with no good songs on it, and Q2K was even worse. Bland, devoid of melody or inspiration. Just treading water imo. Tribe is somewhere in between the last two. That's somewhere between tripe, and utter crap! Sorry, but until they start writing songs of the calibre on Mindcrime / Empire and Promised Land, they are no longer of interest to me.

9. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Simon,that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.HITNF was a big disappointment,although to say there weren't ANY good songs on it is going a bit far.Q2K still wasn't up to their standard,but is still miles better than most of these puerile bands 20 years their junior are polluting the airwaves with.I actually believe that the new album falls somewhere between Empire and Promised Land.I know that it's heresy to say to a lot of QR fans,but I'm not that keen on Promised Land!That's my opinion though,which I'm also entitled to.

10. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Well, compared to (if I may quote you) " most of these puerile bands 20 years their junior polluting the airwaves", Tribe is an absolute masterpiece! But then, so is anything played on real instruments, by real (un-manufactured) people with real talent. Queensryche are unquestionably talented musicians, and can be a great band, but the last few albums have lacked the one thing that made them great - good songs.

OK, I suppose there were one or two highlights on HITNF, but so unmemorable, I would have to get the CD out to look at the track titles - something I would not have to do with Rage / Mind / Empire / Promise Land.

I maintain, Q2K is not even worth making a coaster out of! :laugh:

11. Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Silent, but I may have to agree with Simon. Although I havn't heard Q2k Or Promised Land, I did catch HITNF and thought it lacked everything that made QR so powerful and memorable on Mindcrime, so I thought it best to steer clear of the other two. And to put the boot in so to speak, I saw QR at the Astoria earlier this year, and found them to be seriously lacking in passion and drive to entertain, which was a shame because they looked so energetic on the Livecrime dvd, I thought I was in for a rockin' good show. I mean come on, did you watch Eddie Jackson for any length of time. The guy looked soooo pi**ed off it, he obviously did not want to be there.
    Four words for you... going... through... the...motions! I'm sorry to say all this as I know your'e a big QR fan, but after years of seeing many varied bands live, they sucked.
    But maybe they just had an off day??

12. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Dan, you want to give Promised Land a try. In my opinion, it's a better overall effort than Empire, which, although brilliant, does have some fillers, I think even Silent must agree. PL is my next favorite CD to Mindcrime, and contains some excellent melodies.

13. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was at that same show Dan,unfortunately I drank so much I would be lying if I said I remembered enough to comment:blush: I will say this though;I was lucky enough to attend the sound check with the fanclub.After doing routine scales and stuff to start getting the levels right they played seven songs in their entirety and it was great.Obviously no theatrics,but absolutely fantastic musicianship and solidity.
    Simon,when I mentioned puerile bands I was referring to so called "musicians" like "*****","*****"(insert names of modern "rock bands",I'm not mentioning names and getting flamed for it!),not just the obvious boy,girl and "other" bands!
    Still,no harm guys,it goes without saying I'm a QR nut and if I can recruit one or two others on the way that's great!I don't expect my ranting to change the way people hear things,the same way a Radiohead fan can't change my opinion on them(which is far from favourable!).

14. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone wanting to catch queensryche at their prime should invest in "operation mindcrime", or and even earlier release "warning"

15. Jens

Jens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To me, "Empire" is one of the best rock albums ever. However, I never understood the hype about "Operation mindcrime" and I don't think it's nowhere near the high standard of "Empire".

I haven't had the opportunity to listen to the latest album yet. I don't expect much from it though since I feel Queensryche are, as already mentioned, going downhill. "Promised Land" had a few good songs, "Hear in the now Frontier" had, tops, one good song and I don't remember ANYTHING about the "Q2K" album..

16. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jens,give Rage For Order,a go.Might just be the album for you!

17. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Its all good stuff :)