1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PV500 42 inch arrives Sat

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sexymuffin, Oct 25, 2005.

1. sexymuffin

sexymuffin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone why has replied to my posts regarding the above. I bit the bullet and it arrives Saturday.

Obviously now I have ordered the TV I have now started wondering which DVD player to get. And once I've made my mind up about that no doubt I'll want a new amp and speakers, then SKY HD, then a new HD dvd player and so on and so on. So overthought I have just joined this forum to help me decide on which TV to buy no doubt this wont be my last post by a long shot.

A few questions I need help with;

What shall I watch 1st on my new TV? I was thinking lord of the rings as I got the 3 dvd boxset for £14.99 from tesco jersey recently.

As above I'm looking at a DVD player.
    I'm interested in these -
    Denon 1920- quality - good price- good spec- Divx etc I'm sure most of you know all about it.
    ...OR.....
    The Snazio Digital Home Cinema HD 1350-(www.snazio.com- then click HOME CINEMA HD) Which means with the aid of my wireless network I can play HD content(once I found and downloaded some) on my new PV500 streamed from my PC - as well as being a good spec DVD player- However I do think it looks a bit like its a cheap one from ASDA.

Anyone had any experience with the Snazio?

Also I have a season ticket and we have a match on Saturday. Would be the 1st game I have missed in years. But I have to admit I'm tempted to catch the flu. If I told you the club you would probably tell me to stay home with my TV. Haha.

It appears I've rambled a bit. Thanks

2. nickeddle

nickeddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    It might be worth your while buying something like the panasonic s97 which has HDMI and upconverts to 720p and1080i,thats what I did with my 435xde and the picture is great.
    Then when HD arrives you can get a HD or Blue Ray depending on which format wins and you wont have spent a fortune on the panny (less than£200)

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I've got a Samsung 950 DVD player (not sure exact model) but it upconverts to 720p or 1080i and the pic is excellent,and a lot cheaper.
    Probably not as god as the Denon but for £100 is who can argue