New PV500 42 inch arrives Sat

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by sexymuffin, Oct 25, 2005.

1. sexymuffin

sexymuffin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone why has replied to my posts regarding the above. I bit the bullet and it arrives Saturday.

Obviously now I have ordered the TV I have now started wondering which DVD player to get. And once I've made my mind up about that no doubt I'll want a new amp and speakers, then SKY HD, then a new HD dvd player and so on and so on. So overthought I have just joined this forum to help me decide on which TV to buy no doubt this wont be my last post by a long shot.

A few questions I need help with;

What shall I watch 1st on my new TV? I was thinking lord of the rings as I got the 3 dvd boxset for £14.99 from tesco jersey recently.

As above I'm looking at a DVD player.
    I'm interested in these -
    Denon 1920- quality - good price- good spec- Divx etc I'm sure most of you know all about it.
    ...OR.....
    The Snazio Digital Home Cinema HD 1350-(www.snazio.com- then click HOME CINEMA HD) Which means with the aid of my wireless network I can play HD content(once I found and downloaded some) on my new PV500 streamed from my PC - as well as being a good spec DVD player- However I do think it looks a bit like its a cheap one from ASDA.

Anyone had any experience with the Snazio?

Also I have a season ticket and we have a match on Saturday. Would be the 1st game I have missed in years. But I have to admit I'm tempted to catch the flu. If I told you the club you would probably tell me to stay home with my TV. Haha.

It appears I've rambled a bit. Thanks

2. nickeddle

nickeddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    It might be worth your while buying something like the panasonic s97 which has HDMI and upconverts to 720p and1080i,thats what I did with my 435xde and the picture is great.
    Then when HD arrives you can get a HD or Blue Ray depending on which format wins and you wont have spent a fortune on the panny (less than£200)

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I've got a Samsung 950 DVD player (not sure exact model) but it upconverts to 720p or 1080i and the pic is excellent,and a lot cheaper.
    Probably not as god as the Denon but for £100 is who can argue