Corsair 550W VX Series PSU

which one is the best for the money & my system

Pls HELP

Regards

Steve

which one is the best for the money & my system

Mind reading mode switched on...
I'd stick to the Corsair though

what is your system? what hardware are you powering?? i would be tempted to go with the OCZ as they have taken over PC Power & Cooling (one of the best power supply manufactures in the world) but it would help if we knew what you want to power lol

Ooooooom, oooooooom, yes something is coming through...... nope. Can't get a reading. You'll have to tell us what the system is? :D

But seriously, you'll need to post CPU, VGA card, number of HDD's, are you going to use SLI, etc before anyone can make a solid recommendation.

Here my system guys

CPU: Intel Quad 6600 2.4(go) @ 3.2 gigs
HeatSink: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Motherboard: Gigabyte P31 DS3L
Gpu: Msi NX8800GT @ 701/1000 (14033 3dmark06)
MeM:OCZ 2 x1 Gigs 6400 PC2 PLATINUM XTC (4-4-4-12)
HDD'S: W/D 16meg 1200JB SE & Maxtor 250 DiamondMax 10 16meg
Sound: Audigy 2 & C Labs 6700 6.1 Speakers
PSU: 500 watt
CASE: Chieftec Dragon with window
FANS: 5 x Sharkoon Silent Eagle 2000 Blue Led's
Monitor: Yuraku 24"

you should be fine ifyou get any of those 3 you sujested. i would personaly go for the 600watt OCZ as i have seen some good reviews about that power supply being able to supply over 700watts in total and still keep all the voltages wel within spec. as far as i can see you should be fine with any of those 3..... so it comes down to personal preference price and upgradability (the 600watt giving you a tad more power if you decide to add more in the future)
where do you intend to buy from? from the prices i have been looking at there is no more than about £20 difference at most. personaly i would get the best i could and IMO thats the OCZ, there isnt much difference price wise. they are all good performers and all powerfull enough for your system so its up to you which make you prefer and if you can find any deals to sway the balance. hope this helps

I personally like Coolermaster.

OCZ are generally fine, but some units according to reviews have a habit of under-volting, so check a few reviews to see if the one you choose is good or bad.
Ditto. But they aren't as quiet as some.

Again, I've seen that about the OCZ's as well. In one or two (of the more stringent) tests that's happened.

I would hunt down a Corsair HX620 on Fleabay, or look at the 650watt Coolermaster Extreme Power as well as those you've looked at.

I do worry about the Thermaltakes, as there's a guy on Ebay who sells a lot (and I mean a LOT) of 'customer returns' of the toughpowers. Again, more than a few of them are DOA.

corsair HX range are excellent - solid lines of power and amps, very quiet aswell.

HX620 in my system running Q6600, 8800GT, 3 hard drives, 5 case fans etc and no sweat at all.:thumbsup:

Another vote for Corsair 620 watt psu. It was so good I bought 2.

Excellent and silent psu's. :smashin:

I have the Coolermaster Real Power 550W SLI PSU which for some reason was discontinued but the 450 was kept. I can say that compared to my case fans it is silent, and the rails are constant.

But as this is discontinued you wont get it easily, but it does fit your criteria.

I would always suggest getting a PSU model that is recommended instead of just a brand, as some models for some reason can come out poor and it is best to find an individual model that is recommended. All of the brands you have listed are good, you just have to find a PSU in your range that has generally good reviews and the Corsair seems to be coming up good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom