• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New PSP How do i get music and films on it

gerbilly

Established Member
I have films on my i mac MPEG-4 and also music AAC.

I attached my sons new psp to put some on it.

three folders appeared memstick.ind (not able to access), mstk_pro.ind (not able to access) and psp (normal folder).

When you click on this there is another folder called SYSYTEM.

Within the psp folder I created a file called music and dragged some of my aac music files on to this and disconnected the psp.
I went to the music section under the memory stick and there was nothing there.

Can anyone help please?:lease:

jenic

Prominent Member
To create the folders on the memory stick the easiest thing to do is to format it while in the psp by going into settings in the psp's menu. It will then create the folders for music, picture etc. Then you can drag your music accross and it should work.

Also, you might have to convert the songs to mp3 if aac isnt compatible (someone else will confirm cus i aint sure), this can be done in itunes by right clicking the song and selecting convert to mp3.

gerbilly

Established Member
To create the folders on the memory stick the easiest thing to do is to format it while in the psp by going into settings in the psp's menu. It will then create the folders for music, picture etc. Then you can drag your music accross and it should work.

Also, you might have to convert the songs to mp3 if aac isnt compatible (someone else will confirm cus i aint sure), this can be done in itunes by right clicking the song and selecting convert to mp3.

ok mate I went into the PS while disconnected from the i-mac and there are various type of settings areas but I cant see how you create a file in the psp. Does the memory stick have to be formatted.

gerbilly

Established Member
ok mate I went into the PS while disconnected from the i-mac and there are various type of settings areas but I cant see how you create a file in the psp. Does the memory stick have to be formatted.

Also it is a i mac there is no right click!!!!:suicide:

However I do know how to convert to mp3 however I was hoping that I didnt have to.

louishm

Established Member
as the previous poster had mentioned you have to go into psp settings and format the memory stick, once this has done the relevant folders will be ther when you connect to the mac.
You might want to get PSPware. Its freeware for the mac and it automatically syncs your psp to the mac (photos/music etc) just google it

p.s if you press ctrl on the mac you can then right click (ctrl+right click)

jenic

Prominent Member
as the previous poster had mentioned you have to go into psp settings and format the memory stick, once this has done the relevant folders will be ther when you connect to the mac.
You might want to get PSPware. Its freeware for the mac and it automatically syncs your psp to the mac (photos/music etc) just google it

p.s if you press ctrl on the mac you can then right click (ctrl+right click)
You beat me to it, right clicking is the first thing i wanted to know how to do when i got my mac.

gerbilly

Established Member
You beat me to it, right clicking is the first thing i wanted to know how to do when i got my mac.

Now have music on it converted to mp3 which is a pity.
Anyone know how to get my movies in i tunes on my sons psp. I thought because they were mp4 it would work but I am unsure where to put them.

gerbilly

Established Member
use PSPware mate it will do it all for you

Tried it but they want cash for it!!!:rolleyes:

Also when I downloaded the free trial when I put some movies on it said they were corrupted.

jenic

Prominent Member
Use this website to convert the movies

http://media-convert.com/

Then you need to create some folders on the psp to put the movie in, i have stolen this from another site

Be careful where you place the video file on the Memory Stick. Unlike music and picture files, your video files need to be placed outside of the "PSP" folder. Create a folder called "MP_ROOT" and inside that folder create another folder named "100MNV01." That is the folder you need to copy your encoded video files to.

gerbilly

Established Member
Use this website to convert the movies

http://media-convert.com/

Then you need to create some folders on the psp to put the movie in, i have stolen this from another site

They already are converted to mp4 to play on my i-pod will I have to make another copy to get it on the PSP.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom