New PS4 Pro owner, what games?

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So after being out of the console party for a while now (think I bought the Xbox One in 2013, and probs haven't bought a game for that in about 3 years), I decided to buy a PS4 Pro.

Main reason was for the exclusives, and I may yet get a MP game, probs either Black Ops 4 or BF:V, but I might get these for PC yet, I haven't decided.

Anyways the Pro came with RDR2, which I cant wait to play, and I also bought Uncharted 4 from CEX as it was only £8. I am wondering what are the other must have games out there?

I have my eye on these ones:

Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Spiderman 4

Any more I should be getting?

Cheers

God of War is one of the rare games I actually finished, so yeah, that one’s pretty good.

Enjoying Spider-Man, will probably finish it, haven’t stopped playing yet.

HZD played it to death for a couple of weeks around last Christmas, then started playing something else and I’ve never got around to going back to it. I may do at some point.

Also uncharted lost legacy If you enjoy number 4,and if you havnt played it yet when it got released on the ps3 you should definitely pick up the last of us remastered

I have my eye on these ones:

Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Spiderman 4

Any more I should be getting?

Cheers
Those three are all superb, GoW being my fave of this whole generation.

If you like games that give you a challenge, I also recommend Nioh & Bloodborne, another couple of exclusives that I loved.

I think the best games have already been recommended but there are some other exclusives that I think are worth your time:

The Order 1886
Infamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
Driveclub
Ratchet & Clank
Gran Turismo Sport
Bloodborne

Just picked up a Pro myself, but did have a regular PS4 previously where I played Until Dawn.

It's not to everyone's taste, but I really enjoyed it. Quite a clever adventure game with a good story and multiple directions of choice (i.e. kill everyone off, or try and keep everyone alive).

Prob best reading a bit about it before you commit though.

No one mentioned Knack and Knack 2 yet :facepalm:

But in all seriousness, also:
- Detroit: Become Human
- Last of Us Remastered*
- Uncharted 4
- Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 Souls*

* - if you didn’t play it last gen

Some beauties mentioned above, some other favourites of mine:

Shadow of the colossus
The Last Guardian
Journey
Yakuza games (quite a niche genre, but I love em)

Persona 5 and Nier Automata are meant to be good, but I've not played either.

Rocket League.:D

Cheers guys.

Bloodborne is a game I looked into recently. Seen a few people raving about it when it went on sale.
Not sure if it is exactly my type of game, it looks a bit like dark souls, which to be fair I've never played so who knows I might like it.
Will keep an eye out for a good price on it.

Is the newest kill zone any good? I liked the previous ones, had some great times on it online back in the days with AVFers.

I've played some last gen games like heavy rain and last of us. Loved both of them.. heavy rain in particular will stay with me for a while, quite different but brilliantly done. I may consider last of us remastered though, but with so many new games to play I may never get around to playing it again.

Is detriot becoming human any good? It looks quite interesting and I'm into my Sci FI stuff so could be right up my street.

Thanks again

Is detriot becoming human any good? It looks quite interesting and I'm into my Sci FI stuff so could be right up my street.

Having not played Detroit yet I can't comment on it specifically. If you like the whole decisions have consequences genre, I'd definitely recommend Until Dawn. Detroit is on my to play list.:D

Is the newest kill zone any good? I liked the previous ones, had some great times on it online back in the days with AVFers.
Not really no. I never bothered finishing it and I loved KZ2 (was less keen on KZ3)

Horizon Zero Dawn is my second favourite all time game (haven't played God of War yet). If you pick it up, make sure you get the version with DLC included.

i would recommend these games. there are many more that you can play afterwards

horizon zero dawn
god of war
spiderman
uncharted 4
detroit become human
until dawn
infamous second son
beyond two souls

Another vote for Spiderman, great game (more so if you like the subject matter).

I've not really played any of the other exclusives!
He's still stuck on Rom (Bloodborne)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom