New PS3 owners thread

picture3ly0.jpg

hooray !!

UPDATE: 11:31 DELIVERED !!!!! I HAVE IT IN MY HANDS AT WORK.. SHAME I HAVE TO WAIT 4 HOURS TO GO HOME AND PLAY IT

I know the feeling... I picked mine up from the Post Office yesterday and it's still in the boot of my car! The new TV (Tosh 46XF355DB) turned up in the afternoon along with the Sony HDD recorder and I didn't have time to play with all the shiny new toys. :(

This weekend is going to be a serious veg-out session with the PS3 and the new TV - I can't wait. :thumbsup:

Glad to see people buying new consoles at the same time as me. Spread the looooove!

2 questions: For upscaling whats the best setting? Normal, or full? Also, is it safe to give CC details over the PSN? I wanna buy some games, especially Super Stardust HD.

Wanna buy another game this weekend and get my first Blu Ray dvd to test that out.

:clap:

i couldn't resist having a look inside... it all looks new and there was a PSN update disc inside as well.. should save me some time when i get it home.

i couldn't resist having a look inside... it all looks new and there was a PSN update disc inside as well.. should save me some time when i get it home.

Chances are the update disc won't contain the most recent firmware so you might want to get it updated at some point anyway. :smashin:

Enjoy your ps3 :)

Chances are the update disc won't contain the most recent firmware so you might want to get it updated at some point anyway. :smashin:

Enjoy your ps3 :)

good point... it was 2.0 on disk. i've just put 2.10 on a cd at work!!

thanks

Glad to see people buying new consoles at the same time as me. Spread the looooove!

2 questions: For upscaling whats the best setting? Normal, or full? Also, is it safe to give CC details over the PSN? I wanna buy some games, especially Super Stardust HD.

Wanna buy another game this weekend and get my first Blu Ray dvd to test that out.

I use normal upscaling, you can delete your CC details after your purchase if your worried about security and re enter them next time you want to use them.

Mark.

Got mine the on Wednesday. along with a new 37" lcd.
All at home, waiting for me to get back from work in london to play with it, and the trains stuffed up.
So stuffed up in fact, that i didnt get home at all :mad:

Only got to set it up last night.......... and i LOVE it ! :D

What a fantastic bit of kit. the HD is stunning. Its a doddle to set up. I had it streaming video and other media from my Vista PC in a matter of minutes.

Very impressive.

Well done Sony :clap:
Rubbish job, First Capital Connect :thumbsdow

i'm absolutley loving my ps3... i've played a bit of motorstorm online and did v.badly.. :D i've updated to 2.10, got myself a PSN ID, i've downloaded a couple of themes and the uncharted demo.

i've also downloaded folding at home and will stick it on at some point...

and all my divx movies play great so far... die hard 4.0 and ratatouille.

Finally have the perfect PS3 :thumbsup:

After having a 20GB JPN machine then upgrading to 60GB UK one which had noisy fans, I now have a machine that looks stunning loosing the glossy silver trim in favour of matt silver and the most important thing of all.......

Its quiet :clap:

Just watched F4 Silver Surfer Blu-ray all way through & never heard fans during the quiet parts. Yeahh!!! I've got a perfect one :thumbsup:

Put in my 120GB drive & recovered by PSN ID from launch & away I go. Now going to enjoy Drakes Fortune and kids have Ratchet&Clank to play so pleased all round.

nice one... my ps3 is whisper quiet.. i turned on my 360 a min ago and it sounds like a hairdryer inside!!!!

how did you find the drive upgrade... did you transfer any information to your new drive??

I've had my PS3 since a week before Christmas and I am loving it. I also have a 360 which I bought last February, but I am going to slap that on the net as I no longer use it because I prefer the PS3. Already started to sell some of the games on here.

The Playstation Network may not be as good as Xbox Live, but give it time and I think it will get better, with updates, etc. I'm also looking forward to Home. The PS3 is so quiet as well compared to the 360 I have and it's an excellent DVD player/upscaller.

I only have four games at the moment; three of which I got in the bundle (FIFA 08, Need for Speed Pro Street and Tiger Woods 08).

Loving my PS3! It goes well with my TV too as they both have a shiny finish.

nice one... my ps3 is whisper quiet.. i turned on my 360 a min ago and it sounds like a hairdryer inside!!!!

how did you find the drive upgrade... did you transfer any information to your new drive??

It's so easy to do apart from the caddy screws holding the drive which are really tight & you can easily knacker the screw heads if your not careful.

My 120GB Seagate drives been in the 20GB, 60GB & now 40GB I have. Don't even switch the PS3 on until & swap the drives out. PS3 just boots with a message to format the drive, & I'm using the 40GB in a pocket drive housing.

G'day all

With game updates, do you get prompted to update like you do with 360 games or do you have to manually install them?

Cheers.

Usually when you launch a game it checks for updates but things like added content (Motorstorm time trial, extra tracks etc.) you install your self.

just got an email update from play.com... my blu-ray remote has shipped. looks like they have stock again!

now if only my dualshock 3 will arrive from yesasia i will be a happy man!

Got mine yesterday, impressed so far. Drakes Fortune is very good. Graphically I dont see a difference between it and the 360 (which Ive had since launch) and in the same respect I dont see much difference between xbl and psn, except psn is free.

Warhawk is amazing online, recommend it fully, loads of fun.

Another recent owner. Only got COD4 so far - pretty good but PC Battlefield series is better. Very pleased with Blu-Ray playback. The console is quieter than my HD-DVD standalone.

It's good to see a lot of happy ps3 owners. The ps3 forums are really starting to liven up, with more and more people buying ps3s. I'll no doubt see some of you online on the ps3 in the future. :smashin:

G'day all

With game updates, do you get prompted to update like you do with 360 games or do you have to manually install them?

Cheers.

G'day mate. :)

You will find that most (if not all) games will automatically update when they are started if you are connected to the internet (they won't actually allow you to play them without updating first). :smashin:

Well I'm going on record to say that "Ive owned most consoles now for many, many years now and can quite honestly say that no other console has impressed me more initially than what the PS3 has!".

Im well chuffed! :thumbsup:

Ok, are there any fellow noobs that fancy a bit of motorstorm tonight? I had my first crack online last night and was well crap! If anyone fancies it add me and i will attempt to get a game going. PSN name: Sulley75. Time about 8ish, after me daughter has gone to bed.

I have no headset so if we do get a game going i will be pretty silent! :)

I never used to like console that much. Then I got my 360 a year ago, then a Wii and now a PS3 this morning. I can't wait till tonight to see what its like.

hoping to get my ps3 tomorrow ordered it from currys being delivered by DHL, im currently tracking it on the web latest is tat its left the DHL hub. Hope the trunker driver is careful not driving fast over any bumps

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom