New PS3 Owner!

apolloa

Distinguished Member
Hey, I exchanged my 360 and it's bits n pieces for a nice new 40GB PS3 GTA pack :clap::clap::clap:
I didn't even know the 40GB models have the newer smaller CPU's lol.

I have some questions:

Can you set the controller to switch itself off after a period of inactivity?

What are all the funky HDMI settings for? I have a Panasonic TX-32LXD70. It's set to 1080P as my telly takes that and downscales, but I'm confused by the other settings:confused:

Can you set the console so it switches off after downloading something?

Is there a playable MGS 4 demo anywhere? I've already pre-ordered it!

Can I used the PS3 to install Gran Turismo 2 onto my PSP?

And I just wanted to say it's a fantastic machine, well impressed and it's sssoooooooo much more solid then the 360!
Glad I've switched. I don't have to worry about my console not switching on anymore or giving me 3 lovely red lights LOL.

ocelot20

Hey, I exchanged my 360 and it's bits n pieces for a nice new 40GB PS3 GTA pack :clap::clap::clap:
I didn't even know the 40GB models have the newer smaller CPU's lol.

I have some questions:

Can you set the controller to switch itself off after a period of inactivity?

What are all the funky HDMI settings for? I have a Panasonic TX-32LXD70. It's set to 1080P as my telly takes that and downscales, but I'm confused by the other settings:confused:

Can you set the console so it switches off after downloading something?

Is there a playable MGS 4 demo anywhere? I've already pre-ordered it!

Can I used the PS3 to install Gran Turismo 2 onto my PSP?

And I just wanted to say it's a fantastic machine, well impressed and it's sssoooooooo much more solid then the 360!
Glad I've switched. I don't have to worry about my console not switching on anymore or giving me 3 lovely red lights LOL.
There was a Metal Gear Solid 4 online demo for the last 3 weeks but they took it down 2 days ago. Sorry I can't help you with them other questions.

runam0k

Can you set the controller to switch itself off after a period of inactivity? No, but it does anyway.

What are all the funky HDMI settings for? I have a Panasonic TX-32LXD70. It's set to 1080P as my telly takes that and downscales, but I'm confused by the other settings :confused: I went with 720P, since there seemed little point in downscaling the few things that are actually 1080P.

Can you set the console so it switches off after downloading something? No, but you can set the thing folding - [email protected] has a sleep mechanism.

Is there a playable MGS 4 demo anywhere? I've already pre-ordered it! No.

Can I used the PS3 to install Gran Turismo 2 onto my PSP? Don't know.

I thought you already had a PS3? Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.

Anyway, really nice machine but the novelty wore off for me (all my real life friends are on Live). I'll definitely pick one up towards the end of the year/early 09.

Congrats, enjoy. :thumbsup:

apolloa

Distinguished Member
Thanks peeps, I can't believe I've missed the demo!!!!!! Just typical. I never played on live really and my bro in law has a PS3, I can let him beat me on COD4 lol. I'll give 720P a go, it does run nice and smooth though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom