New PS3 - not sure what to do??

jdtswan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone have some optimum settings or suggestions for improvement, when using a ps3 for blu ray/upscaling. Have just got the PS3 and Im finding the whole setup thing baffling, not too impressed with blu ray on the tv so far, or the upscaling of normal dvd, so I was wondering If I have screwed up the settings? I have the ps3 connected to the tv via Hdmi, I also have a V+ box connected to the other hdmi on the tv. I havevnt tried any games yet, as I dont own any! I got the ps3 purely as a blu ray/upscaling player, and Im not even sure what spec my tv is?

Its a Toshiba 37C3030D.

Any suggestions would be great, forgive me if the info I have given is bad, Im quite new to all this. Not even sure Im in the right dept here ?!

Hi guys, does anyone have some optimum settings or suggestions for improvement, when using a ps3 for blu ray/upscaling. Have just got the PS3 and Im finding the whole setup thing baffling, not too impressed with blu ray on the tv so far, or the upscaling of normal dvd, so I was wondering If I have screwed up the settings? I have the ps3 connected to the tv via Hdmi, I also have a V+ box connected to the other hdmi on the tv. I havevnt tried any games yet, as I dont own any! I got the ps3 purely as a blu ray/upscaling player, and Im not even sure what spec my tv is?

Its a Toshiba 37C3030D.

Any suggestions would be great, forgive me if the info I have given is bad, Im quite new to all this. Not even sure Im in the right dept here ?!

Hi mate. :)
These settings work for quite a few. :smashin:
BD DVD SETTINGS MENU

BD DVD Video Output Settings HDMI AUTO
Cinema Conversion Automatic
DVD Upscaler NORMAL (OFF) if you want your TV to upscale DVD

DISPLAY SETTINGS

Video Output Settings HDMI Automatic
Cross Colour Filter OFF
RGB Full Range Limited
Super White HDMI ON.
(Works for most screens,your choice in the end,though

Get your PS3 to detect what resolutions your TV can support over HDMI - whilst in Standby, ensure TV is turned on, and then press and hold the power button (i.e. the front mounted 'soft' button, rather than the rear-mounted 'hard' button) for 5 seconds or so. As it turns on, the PS3 will detect what your TV will support and prompt you to accept its proposed settings.

Now see how everything looks. If still not happy, try reading this thread for some additional advice - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715321

HTH

the tv is only 1080i/720p so its not gonna do 1080/24

WOW - great help here, thanks so much guys, Im printing out the replies so I can go and try them out.

Jon

ps - is it my tv thats not very good ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom