1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New projectors!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by The Spaniard, Jan 3, 2001.

1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Has anyone got any news on the new Toshiba MT2, the Yamaha dlp or the new sanyo(lv30???)? I need a projector that has a short throw lens, works well with sky digital and is progressive scan compatible. For more info please refer to my initial thread posted yesterday! Thanks to tiberious for my only response. I was beginning to feel left out!!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Sanyo PLV30 DV Theater LCD projector and like it very much.

What is good is that it has a high contrast ratio 400:1. I was looking at DLP but did not like the rainbow flashing.

Then I saw the Sanyo and it has nearly the same contrast ratio as the DLP devices and costs only 2500 pounds.

It is said that with this contrast ratio - blacks are not a problem

After watching a number of DVD's I am really impressed. The image looks normal to me and I can easily live with it. I do not even consider black areas as problem viewing as they look ok. And because it has a high contrast ratio the picture is sharper.

The projector also displays exactly what it gets. I have a sony dvd player 7700 but am now looking into the possibility of using a PC to play the DVDs as these can actually give a better picture than the high end DVD player I have.

My set up is 13 foot throw distance on a 6ft screen which is big enough for my living room. Compared to a 32inch tele the size of image is amazing.

Thanks also to Chris Frost for showing me the ins and outs of the projector in Manchester - it was nice to meet him

[This message has been edited by timo (edited 03-01-2001).]

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Ah Timo, nice to see you in print. Glad you're happy with your projector. All the best for the New Year.

For the Spaniard, the Sanyo PLV30 has a throw ratio of 1.95~2.13. That is to say every 1ft of picture width requires a throw of 1.95~2.13ft. This may be too long for your room if you want a huge screen, but is enough to give a 7ft image in a 15ft lounge.

It has component progressive scan compatibility and would work well with all your sources including Sky and even PC.

The street price is £2300 inc VAT. Well worth auditioning especially if you are considering the Toshiba.

------------------
    Chris Frost
    Regional Sales Manager-N.England & Scotland
    Owl Video Systems Ltd
    www.owl-video.co.uk