new projector

kr1st1an

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the market for a new projector, but there looks to be a lot of options to take in to consideration. I will be using it at home for films and game play, but also at work for meetings, there is not a lot of ambient light at work and I have full control of the lighting. My budget is £1000.00 can any one give me some ideas of makes and models etc. Regards Kristian.

Hi, I'm in the market for a new projector, but there looks to be a lot of options to take in to consideration. I will be using it at home for films and game play, but also at work for meetings, there is not a lot of ambient light at work and I have full control of the lighting. My budget is £1000.00 can any one give me some ideas of makes and models etc. Regards Kristian.

My budget was similar to yours and so were my needs.

After research I was initially interested in the Panasonic AX200 for £800, but in the end decided to go for an Optima HD65 at £400, with a view to upgrading to a full 1080P HD PJ in a few months time.

I figured that the 1080P projectors, which are about £2000 at the moment, will have dropped by more than the cost of the HD65 during that time and I will have gained a little more knowledge about projection.

One thing to be weary of the HD 65 and other simialr units, and that is their throw distances.

At £400 I would love to get one of these, and upgrade later, but alas, I do beleive the throw distance makes it a non statrer in my room

ProjectCentral.com has a distance calculator.

Adrian

Hi Thanks for the info, i would love a true hd, the more and more i'm reading i may have to up my budget.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom