• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

new projector wanted

dj666

Standard Member
hi could anyone help me choose a Full HD projector. I have a budget of around £1200 max and would like a white one. need it to be linked to a blu-ray player a sound system and a Sky digi box.
I have a wall of about 10 foot wide and 7 foot 6 inch in height.
could any one advice?

kbfern

Distinguished Member
If white is required that will rule out a few projectors straight away.

These are either white or light grey or white with some black on it.

Optoma HD20 £900
BenQ W1000 £1k
Sanyo Z700 £1100
Epson TW3500 £1300

A few others are available but black.

dj666

Standard Member
cheers are any of these rich in colour. I am wanting to use it as a tv just a bigger screen!
and is the lcd better than a dlp or the other way round?

anibap

Prominent Member
cheers are any of these rich in colour. I am wanting to use it as a tv just a bigger screen!
and is the lcd better than a dlp or the other way round?

It is difficult to say which is better - LCD or DLP as you need to see both and decide which one you like.

All projectors listed by Keith have rich colours. There is not much of a difference between PJs in that price range.

I see that you have discounted the black ones. The Mit HC3800 is a good choice for large TV - it is DLP and is a very bright projector probably the brightest of all in that range.

dj666

Standard Member
awesome cheers, do you know if any of them in the price range can be fitted at an angle with the ability to adjust the angle of the lense. I don't think i have enough space to put it directly 5 ft away in front of the wall. I have a light in the way.
Oh also, has anyone got a white painted wall? will this do or do I still need a screen? (wall has just been painted white-matt emulsion white)

dj666

Standard Member
also forgot to ask anyone recommend a a quiet projector, just read about the sanyo or cannon, they both come in white but not sure which company is the better one?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom