• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question New projector time ~£1000

xs2man

So I'm looking for a new projector.

I have a budget of around £1000 but can push it by a couple hundred quid if it's going to be worth it.

First things first. I have seen the Panasonic AE6000 (I think it is) on Amazon for around £1100 on Amazon. This was a very good, reasonably expensive projector, back in the day. So I'm leaning towards that. But, I'm wondering if it's age will let it down compared to some newer projectors at this price point, despite less of a discount.

So I am then considering the Epson EH-TW6600. Looks to be around the same price, £1100, but is a new projector, and get quite a good review on what hifi.

Of course, I am also happy to spend less. The BenQ W1070 does seem to get great reviews, and can be had for less than £600. Leaving me money for a screen upgrade or similar to get the most out of it.

BUT, I am happy to spend more, so if I then get more, I'm happy to do so.

Where would your money go?

hati

Sony HW40 is more than your budget but it's so much better than cheaper projectors that it could be worth the extra investment. That said, cheaper projectors aren't bad either. Probably all Benq and Optoma projectors are good choices if you don't suffer from RBE. From Epson TW5210 or TW5300 are good entry level choices and they are RBE free since they are LCD projectors. And if you can find TW7200 with price close to TW6600 it's probably better choice but if there is so much difference that its price is in same neighbourhood as Sony then that is better choice.

In my opinion, if you want to spend more that Benq W1070 or Epson TW5210/TW5300 costs buy Sony. Epson TW7200 is good choice if it can be found with considerably less money than Sony. (Price difference between them varies by country.)

xs2man

I currently have a HD65 and while I do very occasionally see the RBE, I can handle it fine.

I don't want to push as far as the Sony to be honest. £1600 is about £500 more than I was hoping for.

With that having been said, I shall try to arrange a demo of the AE6000, HW40, W1070 and the TW6600 back to back. And see if the extra outlay will be worth it when compared together. Who knows?

Is there anything else I should be considering in this price range? Although the price range does appear to now be all over the place, lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom