New projector setup -- doesn't want to live with Bose :)

BenTheBookie

Just ordered myself (thanks to Allan at Ideal AV) a new JVC X3, with Beamax 10608 Tensioned screen to bring some lovely Visualness (if that's a word!) to my lounge....

Problem is I still have a rubbish Bose Acoustimass system for Audio...EUGH!

So simply...I need a new setup!

I have an Onkyo 606 amp, which I am willing to change, but only if it will be really worth it, and I am looking to spend in the region of 1 - 1.5K.

Was looking at the 7.2 Vibe Monolith system - but I'm really not sure when it comes to speakers!

Any advice/questions welcomed!

Ben

DrH

Ben,

I would go out and get some demos.
Speaker choice seems to be quite a personal thing.
I ended up with some Kef's which i thought had a better soundstage than the others i listened to.
Based on the good vibes on the forum i went for a BK sub.

Is your budget for speakers and a AVR or just speakers?

DrH

BenTheBookie

Thanks DrH,

I like the idea of demos, problem is in MK where I live there only seems to be Technosound who are B&W obsessed (not a bad thing but more makes are available!) and I don't know anywhere in a reasonable driving distance where I will be able to try things!!

To google!!!!

Last edited:

BenTheBookie

Further, at this stage I would rather keep my Onkyo 606 going.....already spent 5K on AV so far this month!!

That having been said, I am happy to change it in a month or so - if needed.

DrH

Ben,
Do a search on the internet for any other dealers in your area.
I was travelling around for miles looking for AV dealers then found one 8 miles away which had a variety of speakers.
DrH

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom