New Projector Screen

Darkstar_surfer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Last night my electric projector screen died. Will have a look at it to see if it can be fixed but in the mean time am looking to see what I can replace it with. It was a cheap, sub £100, 84" screen I bought from the bay some 14 years ago. It will be paired with a JVC HD350. 84" exactly fits in the gap between my speakers. Will need to measure current throw but expect it to be in the 9 foot range. I'm not spending more than £1k and would prefer sub £500. Has to be electric as well.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Looking at the measurements you've give the 84" is the only common size that will fit. They're usually a manual screen option, so you may find the one you are looking at might be one of the few that are available. I would also add that although we do not stock Sapphire Screens (who seem to offer an electric at this size), you would be better looking at those than something off eBay as you really want borders as the JVC will reflect horribly off the top and bottom bar

Yes it's an 84" diagonal 16:9.

Just checked the throw calculator and the maximum size image my HD350 can support at 9 foot is a 91" diagonal. So bringing the screen forward to drop down in front of my speakers is not really an option without a new PJ as well.

So last night out of boredom I pressed the down button and to my surprise it dropped. Even more to my surprise it went back up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom