1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New projector, lots of questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gnat, Sep 16, 2004.

1. gnat

gnat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me about this projector?

I just got it, and it works. I saw it working before they took it down. It wasn't used much and it looks like brand new. I have an rf modulator i can use to hook it up, but I was wondering how much difference running rgb to it would help. Are there any tricks of the trade I can do to make it look the best that it can? Any help is greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Looks like an old vidikron to me.
    Run the image composite to start with then experiment with RGB later.
    I would guess it will be video scan rate only so you will have to find a break out lead from a scart plug. Or use a converted from component to RGB.

Those wooden side panels look nice

3. gnat

gnat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its a Zenith PV885p, and I really can't find any information about them.. The picture is quite nice. I was totally suprised to find out it has a digital menu, pip, and parental controls and it was made in 1990. Its not the brightest thing around, but at night it looks amazing. I have no where to mount it on the ceiling so I was thinking about settting it up for the floor. Do I have to reposition/aim the stuff or will I be able to flip the picture some how?

4. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I expect it will be simular to most crt's where you either flif the switches for the horizontal and vertical scans or reverse the plugs for them.
    After doing it though you will need to reset all the convergence and geometry.

John