New projector checklist

B

bergsey

Just ordered my Z2

Been looking through the FAQ's and couldn't find anything so i'll ask the question.

Can anyone recommend a series of checks to do once the projector arrives? If there's any dead pixels etc I want to find them as soon as possible to get a replacement.

My main problem is that I don't have a screen yet as I wanted to try out a couple of different sizes before making a decision.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
I don't know if the pj has any built in colour patterns, but if you can project a pure white image, and then pure red green and blue, you should see if any pixels are dead or stuck.

You can use a PC to do this via a paint program.

Gary.

buns

Banned
if you go to www.milori.com you can download a trial version of colorfacts which itself is pretty useless, but it will have a rake of patterns that may be of use

ad

KraGorn

Novice Member
Originally posted by bergsey
If there's any dead pixels etc I want to find them as soon as possible to get a replacement.
Bear in mind standard manufacturer warranties don't cover a small number of defective pixels .. each manufacturer has its' own rules for what they consider an 'acceptable' defect rate and for which they won't provide a remedy.

B

bergsey

Thanks... pricejapan has a zero dead / stuck pixel policy on the Z2 valid for only 30 days. So i'd like to find any and get a replacement if there are.

Don't know what Sanyo's policy is, but if PJ can offer a replacement then I guess that's Sanyo backing it up.

K

Kramer

Originally posted by buns
but you will still then need to payfor return shipping....

Unless he's opted for their "free return" (an extra 3.3% IIRC).

:smoke:

buns

Banned
oh yeah, but this %age means you are effectively paying for it anyhow!

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom