New Projector and DVD player. WOW!

D

Dom Rice

Just had my new Sony VPL12 HT and 7foot 6 inch screen and Denon 2800mk2 dvd installed to complete my home cinema.

Its fantastic !

Jurasic park 3 comes to life on the big screen. Found the wife hiding behine my shoulder as it feels like its happening right infront of you.

This hobby is great.

Dom,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the VW12HT?

Regards, Tibbsy

Dom,

What screen did you get?

I paid around £5000 for the 12ht and 499 for the dvd player.

I went for a Vutec electric screen which was around £1800 including the interface box.

I could not believe how much Sony could charge for a metal bracket to mount the projector on the ceiling. £289!

However, now it all there its worth the money.

:(

So who is going to break the bad news that the 12HT has had a recent price cut and can now be bought for £3000 ?? :(

nexnix.co.uk do it for £2999+VAT or www.go2camcorder.co.uk for £3000 incl VAT

J

Hi John_N,

Looking around at various websites, there does appear to be large differences in the pricing of the 12HT. I visited a local hi-fi dealer who were also quoting £5000 inc VAT, but they also offered installation (although I would be happy to do this myself).

The £3000 being quoted by go2camcorder looks quite low - it may be that this is a grey import, but I'm not sure. I can't see why there should be such a price variance without some sort of catch! Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Ice :cool:

Ice, mine cost me £2,660 and is absolutely perfect German stock (which means I had to spend 7 seconds going into the menu and changing the language to English). Manuals are the usual Sony 12" thick jobs with every language under the sun included.

There is still huge disparity in pricing but I read that the VW13HT (with DVI input) is around the corner so I guess that's the reason. Probably some people have old stock at the old prices and others were smart enough not to be lumbered....just guessing.

As for 5K including installation, that's must be one hell of an install for 2.5K :laugh:

Hi Spiderv6,

£2,660 sounds even better! Perhaps that's why there are a few posts comparing the 12HT with the HS10. Was that the total price (import VAT and delivery)? Also, is the remote control labelled in German or English?

As for the £2,500 installation, sounds as if I'm in the wrong business!

Cheers,
Ice :cool:

Ice, there is no VAT, Import duties etc as it's all European!!

Apart from having to change the menu language, you wouldn't know it came from Germany.......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom