New project question/advice

Dog299

I currently own a 77" OLED and whilst it is impressive i always have toyed with the idea of getting a projector.

Increasingly in the Post Covid world, movie nights have become more of an event and whilst the OLED is great i have an itch for something more cinematic.

The ideal set up would be: OLED for generally weekly viewing and the projector for weekend movie nights.

Our front room does not lend itself to having a permanent ceiling mounted screen and project, so these would have be set up each time in front of the TV (with as limited fuss as possible). I do not mind a little time getting the set up ready before each movie but ideally do not want to spend hours.

My questions are:
  1. Are Short Throw projectors easy to set up each time you wish to use it? - years ago I experimented with a solution and a traditional 720p projector. It was a nightmare to set up and align to the screen; mainly as i had to have the projector so far back from the screen.
  2. How do short form projectors play with temporary screens; either pull ups or ideal (for their easy of storage) those you construct - viewing will only be at night.
cheers

Phooo

Hi in answer
1) yes and no !🤣 with screen correction it's quite quick, but recommended not to use it so to get perfect takes some time and messing around, without . But if you only use in the dark you probably won't care about the picture being completely centred
2) if you use a screen it does need to be tensioned or fixed frame as will look very wavey. Any projection surface needs to be completely flat for a ust . Also if the room is painted a light colour you will get light reflection of the ceiling etc without a ust alr screen

Dog299

Hi in answer
1) yes and no !🤣 with screen correction it's quite quick, but recommended not to use it so to get perfect takes some time and messing around, without . But if you only use in the dark you probably won't care about the picture being completely centred
2) if you use a screen it does need to be tensioned or fixed frame as will look very wavey. Any projection surface needs to be completely flat for a ust . Also if the room is painted a light colour you will get light reflection of the ceiling etc without a ust alr screen
Understood and thank you for the response.

More food for thought. Guess I need to balance the possibilities and cost.

cheers all.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom