New project - mini projectors needed!

mkten

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have a little challenge for you!

I'm looking for a projector similar to the Vivitek Qumi, but has optical zoom capability to lengthen the throw distance and produce a smaller image. Allow me to explain...

Imagine sitting at a desk - behind where your monitor would normally be, I've got a glass screen divider to which I will apply a roll of glass projection film. I have a shelf behind my head that I'll mount 2 or 3 pico projectors (1280x800 res in portrait configuration, giving a maximum of 2400x1280), which will project onto the glass projection film; this would result in a seamless, wide image that's not too shabby in terms of resolution.

I've tried calculating various throw distances, and I just can't quite seem to be able to get what I need. My desk won't accommodate more than one FullHD monitor, so projecting images onto this film seems to be the only option if I want a wider screen - I'm a developer, and one screen just doesn't cut it. I don't really have space for a large projector with better optics and zoom, hence the requirement for a small unit.

In terms of throw distance, I'm looking at about 1.8m. Each projected image must be no more than 33cm x 50cm (remember, its portrait!) - the film I have is approximately 1m x 0.5m.

Having never being too good at the old maths or having much experience with projectors, is there anything out there that will tick all of these boxes?

Oh, and 3d would be a bonus :)

Answers on a postcard!

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom