1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new processors?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by dts_boy, Apr 18, 2003.

1. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    has anyone tried the lexicon mc8 and the parasound halo c1/c2 yet? i haven't been able to find a dealer with either of them yet and am wondering which to go for. the system will be mainly for av but music will be a priorty too, i got rid of a tag av32r cos it didn't really excite me, a bit boring if you can understand that! anyway, budget is not really set but i can't go iver £6000 on the processor as i have a strict budget that i HAVE to stick to this time or else i face the wrath of my better half:rolleyes: btw, i am open to suggestions as i am aware that merdian and bryston fall into the same price bracket:smashin:

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heard the B/K, Adcom, Bryston, Anthem & Proceed?

What is "wrong" with the Tag?

btw I don't have a Tag!:D

3. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    there is nothing "wrong" with the Tag, i just wasn't enjoying it as much as i thought i would, upgrading from a denon avc a1se. i thought the Tag was a bit clinical and a little "edgey" maybe with music. after listening to the Tag with different speakers i realise that my m&ks contribute towards this as well, maybe i was lookiong for an excuse to change? anyway, i am looking for something that will be a little warmer than the Tag, i'm not looking to get into an arguement with the Tag lovers - i appreciate how good it is, just not my cup of tea, although the upgrade route they offer is not matched by anyone i know of for the same money

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    A little less than the Lexicon ... but what about the Arcam AV8?