1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new problem with mounting dish

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by memoryex, Jan 18, 2005.

1. memoryex

memoryex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i have recently been informed that the coucil is putting new insulation on the outside of the flat i live in. The problem is that they will not allow the installation of a dish on the wall after that is finished. I have a south facing property so facing is not a problem. If i were to mount the dish to the floor and point it out of the window would this create any problems? Any answers would be well recieved.

Thanks

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need line of sight to the dish - height itself is irrelevent. If there's a big space with no trees in front of the dish and buses/tall people aren't going to be regularly blocking the path, you should be ok if you have a thin sheet of glass between. However, certain types of glass are rumoured to seriously degrade signal quality... I'm not quoting from experience. I'd nag as much as you can to let you mount it, failing that hang the dish out of the window! :smashin:

Anyone else spotting a pattern here!!! In 5 years all sky dishes will be window mounted!