New Prisoner box set

James45

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just found this on CD-Wow for £36.99, released on Oct 21. It's a region 0, has anyone heard anything about this release. I love the series and want the whole thing on DVD but region 0? should I be concerned about the disc's quality. Any info appreciated.

Oh no, I haven't got round to watching the first box set yet!

Still I think I'll have to go for it!

DaveP

I picked them up individually from MVC in one of their sales, the quality is good but not outstanding. On the last disk there is an alternative Chimes Of Big Ben (the pop version) the quality on that is pretty poor.
There is a new Prisoner disk out but I think it is a combination of deferent documentary’s on it (I could be wrong on this).

I still do not know what was going on in Fall Out and its one of Patrick's favourites.:confused:

no this a new 35th anniversary box set of the whole series, the stories are as fresh as the day they were made. one of the best TV series ever made IMO

I cannot see the alternative Chimes Of Big Ben (the pop version) quality being any better not unless they have cleaned it up.
As to the series it is an other of my top ten, I have been to Portmerion numerous time.

Be Seeing You.

I am number two, you are number six......

And I too have been to Portmeirion numerous times.

35mm mono and .....

Wonderful!

Originally posted by Dubbing Mixer
I am number two, you are number six......

And I too have been to Portmeirion numerous times.

Wonderful!
I couldn’t find the cave:blush: , and that boat wouldn’t get very far. But I think the first time I went I saw the pedestals that the heads(bust) with cameras were on.

I have been a couple of times to the Six of One conventions there.

I stayed there a couple of times (before the prices went stratospheric) It was great wandering around after the day visitors had gone, you could almost imagine yourself in the script. I have also seen a wedding there with various people in costume and the odd Rover ambling about.

I also remember the guy who ran the 6 of 1 shop, I think his name was Max. I wonder if he's still there now.

When I did not go to the conventions I use to go very early and the place was dead, I found it a bit unnerving until I saw someone.
Once remember walking on the beach and the tide coming in very fast.:eek:

Originally posted by Dubbing Mixer
I also remember the guy who ran the 6 of 1 shop, I think his name was Max. I wonder if he's still there now.

No, Max Hora and cats left The Village January 1999 when the original Prisoner shop closed. It opened again following an Ikea style re-vamp losing a little of it's nostalgia value but selling lots more packaged goodies.
The next Prisoner Convention is next March 28 - 30.

Squirrel there is only 17 episodes and there is 4 on each disk so on the fifth there is one episode left from the series and hell of a lot of free space so I would imagine that this is the companion disk with the alternate Chimes of Big Ben and the other stuff. If you hang on you could see if MVC do an other sale after Christmas on the disk. As I said I got mine for £34.95 but no box.

Thanks James :)

Thanks Garrett. Bloody good point about space left on disk :) Perhaps I'll wait.... Oh decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

Got mine from CD WOW for the £37 - Region 0

No custom charges fortunately !

Good PQ imho - certainly better than I expected !

Last Disc has the Last episode - Fall Out - Plus

Alternative version of Big Ben
The Prisoner Companion
Featurette - Collecting the Prisoner - Interviwes with Prisoner Collecters.
Not seen /looked yet for PQ on alternative Big Ben version.

On the other Discs with the episodes it does have other extras listed
which I've not waded through either.

All in all VG value for me as Ive not got/had previous Discs but obviously a fan !

I was expecting the PQ to be good as the R4 set is supposed to be digital remastered. I didn't think the R2 was.

Thanks Mart :)

According to the bumf on cd-wow the R0 is also digitally remastered. result I'll be going for this in January.

Originally posted by James45
According to the bumf on cd-wow the R0 is also digitally remastered. result I'll be going for this in January.
James,

The CD-WOW is the R4 from what I can make out (i.e. Australian release). That's the only region I can find that's PAL and has a 35th anniversary box set. It's just that the "R4" (for want of a better phrase) is not actually region coded with any region. If you look at it on EzyDVD's web site, they show it as all regions. :)

I also bought a copy from cdwow - really enjoyed it - just finished watching the last episode last night. Only comment I would make about picture quality is that the transfer seemed a little on the dark side.

I was in MVC today and noticed there was a 35 anniversary disc for The Prisoner. I wonder if that is part of the new set, or is it disc 5 repackaged?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom