New Printer needed, advise please

danwel

Bit of a story but here goes. I have a Samsung Mono Laser printer which has served me well but for some reason it will not even turn on and i have tried and better tried and for the money it cost me as i got a cash back deal it isn't worth repairing and given the current climate i am looking for a new printer.

I am unsure whether to use inkjet or laser printer. I do not use the printer that much and as i work offshore it could go weeks without being used and when i had an older inkjet i had issues with the ink drying out hence the purchase of a laser printer.

Ideally i would like it to have a scanning option and wifi would be a bonus but again not essential. Colour would be a preference this time round.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a printer and scanner that i can buy that can take being sat for long periods of time without actually being used to do any printing at all as it is a lot of scanning that i usually do. I would say budget would be around £100 - £200 max

Thanks

drmsa

I was in a very similar scenario like yours. I have just bought this printer and it’s absolutely amazing.
Remember £75 Cashback. But it’s huge. Consider it if you have the space.
For scanning why don’t you use the iPhone/Android apps?

tickedon

I'm a bit like you - might not do any printing for weeks/months then need something.

I bought an HP 'instant ink' printer just over 3 years ago. It is a full all in one with a scanner and autofeeder, cost me about £100 at the time, and I pay £2pm for an ink subscription with HP. Unused pages roll over. If the cartridge dry's out, it's not my problem, and HP would ship me another.

Tend to be good deals around, e.g.

HP OfficeJet Pro 9019 All-in-One Wireless Inkjet Printer with Fax (note £80 cashback available)

Or:
https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/.../pdp/hp-officejet-pro-9015-all-in-one-printer (works out at £100 after cashback).

If you go for the most business orientated HP printers, there tends to be both cashback and free extended warranty options around (like that last example).

If you don't like the instant ink idea, you can buy ink cartridges as normal, but then you're back to the issue with ink drying out etc. The only way to avoid that would be to stay with laser, but, a colour laser AIO will cost considerably more.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom