New Pratchett Out

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
New Pratchett Book out - Unseen Academicals. Half Price in Smiths at the moment until Monday?

The Unseen Academicals Terry Pratchett | WHSmith.co.uk

Football has come to the ancient city of Ankh-Morpork - not the old fashioned, grubby pushing and shoving, but the new, fast football with pointy hats for goalposts and balls that go going when you drop them. And now, the wizards of Unseen University must win a football match, without using magic, so they're in the mood for trying everything else.

Scholes18

Got this today ( birthday pressie ). Looking forward to starting it later this weekend.

:smashin:

Codehead

Distinguished Member
I'll pick up the paperback when it comes out. The quality of Discworld books has been going down IMO. Making Money was better, but Thud and Going Postal were a bit ropey. I wonder how many more there'll be. :(

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Thud I agree with, but Going Postal I thought was very clever indeed. I will pick it up at the weekend, I have all the hardbacks (sadly not first prints of the first 5 or 6) but a paperback would throw my book feng shui right out the window. :D

Codehead

Distinguished Member
First impressions of the new book (from a friend) aren't good. :(

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Its £9 in Tesco at the moment, and £6 in WHSmiths if you spend more than £15 in store. Of course you cant be games or DVD or even CDs to qualify, so you are buying magazines pens and pick n mix.

Kristian

I've nearly finished this now. It's entertaining and humorous, but not his best work. I'm sure I'm missing some of the jokes as I'm not a football fan.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom