Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony 999es

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Rotel RDV1080

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

glenlee

As the last poll seems to be a bit out of date I will start again dropping the rubbish and adding the new suggestions.
Over to you.:rolleyes:

glenlee,

don't buy the denon 3800 it has too many bugs.

dvd

Been in to local shop today, and was told that the Denon 3800 is just as rubish as the 2800.

'Apparently' 1 customer has had several machines all with different problems and keeps getting it changed.

Why have several people voted for this machine? In both polls I ran the 3800 got the most votes. I don't undertand.

Can the people who voted for it give a reason why it's a good player.

I'm not saying this is the case but-I thought my 2800 was a great machine and would deffend it down to the last pixel until the newness wore off and I started to notice its' many flaws. Now I hate it and find it very annoying to watch films on.

I await your reasons - cheers

Originally posted by glenlee
Been in to local shop today, and was told that the Denon 3800 is just as rubish as the 2800.

On my travels, I have been told various things.
One dealer strongly advised the 3800 , no problems like 2800 , artifacts no longer visible , really keen.
What were they trying to sell you instead , quite peculiar to denigrate their own stock unless they have a separate agenda....
More margin to be had on something else perhaps ?

Possibly trying to sell me something else, but I was talking about the toshiba 900 or 9500 which is cheaper and also the Arcam 88+ also cheaper (I think by about £400 if that price is still correct?)

so not too sure, I am very careful what and who I believe, especially when that someone is trying to make money.

The player I wanted when I went into the shop was a £1000+ machine (can't remember which one (how shallow am I?!!)) and I was talked down £250+ into buying the 2800 instead. Seemed a good idea at the time!

I was talking about the toshiba 900 or 9500 which is cheaper and also the Arcam 88+ also cheaper (I think by about £400 if that price is still correct?)

Few will talk you out of buying a Toshiba SD900 @ £699 from www.leconcepts.com , only minor points being not true PP and maybe lacks the absolute prowess of SI503 / SI504.
SD9500 should be around £1700 ish, 88+ should be around £1000 ish, maybe a bit less if you ask nicely ( 10 % ) ? Though maybe not while they are so new.
So far as I can see none of the 3800 owners in U.K. have the problems so talked about in U.S. ?

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
Few will talk you out of buying a Toshiba SD900 @ £699 from www.leconcepts.com , only minor points being not true PS and maybe lacks the absolute prowess of SI503 / SI504.

Sure its just a typo but the Toshiba will do NTSC Progressive Scan ok its just currently not able to do PAL Progressive. It converts PAL to NTSC for progressive output.

glenlee

The Tosh 900 really is an excellent player.:) Plays every disc I´ve ever chucked at it, even the troublesome ones, RCE etc. Decent CD playback, built like a tank as well. I can´t fault the picture quality at all. Haven´t got round to using the Prog Scan yet either!

Originally posted by Jase
Sure its just a typo but the Toshiba will do NTSC Progressive Scan ok its just currently not able to do PAL Progressive. It converts PAL to NTSC for progressive output.

Thanks Jase, that's exactly what I meant :)
I meant to type PP not PS, I've changed it now.

Should I wait for the next version of the Tosh900 or just get a software update for the old model (if they do it that way)

I didn't realise the 9500 was so much more money

Should I wait for the next version of the Tosh900 or just get a software update for the old model (if they do it that way)

I didn't realise the 9500 was so much more money

The 9500 is the replacement for the 900. Actual list price of the SD900 was 1300 quid, most places still have them at around 1000 quid. Just that leconcepts have a very good deal going on them.:) Presumably working on the basis of sell lots at sensible money rather than hardly any at a high price!

Great deal from leconcepts, but, I am tied to the dealer I bought my 2800 from, they are going to exchange it for the full purchase price.

I wish all the machines would be out and in the shop so I can try them for myself, I'm busy sorting through my collection trying to find the most annoying scenes with problems to 'test the hell' out of any future conteders.

Thanks for your advise.

P.S. I see from the poll that the 3800 is still the winner (so far) but no one has posted why (good or bad points) I need a lot of pushing before I can spend that much extra cash!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom